Gym GoTri - Everyone should have a go!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I will give it a go next week, I swim 6miles a week at the moment, the but I struggle with us the run as arthritis of the right knee and a metatarsal problem prevents me from enjoying the sensation like I used to.

I feel cycling gets me fit for cycling, whilst the swim and gym gets me fit for a lot more. I also like variation.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
That's really good! I am sure you could use a cross trainer for your running if not? As it would be lower impact - however, I think the time would be slower for that?

screenman

Legendary Member
Do you set resistance on the rower and bike? And a break between each machine or a dash between them. Must admit I am excited by the idea.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Yeah, ultimately, I just guessed my resistance on the rower, I set it between 4 & 5. On the spin bike, I varied between 10-17, I had my own music going and just kept steady pace around 80-100RPM.

I didn't dash between, but I just grabbed my stuff, went to the next area of the gym and got on, had a minute of adjusting the equipment and then cracked on with it.

vickster

Legendary Member
No running for me, knee surgeon orders

I’m doing HIIT on the rower even though the knees hurt. Depending on how weary I am generally, I do 500m splits between 2 min 10 and 2 min 20. 4x500/1min rest in 8m55 to 9m15. Quite tough being relatively old and rather crocked. Try to do 3 times a week. Being fairly tall and heavy seems to suit the rower

screenman

Legendary Member
Row 1.54, not bad for a short fat guy.
Cycle 14.37 on level 5 most people in the gym use 2 or 3.
Run 14.08 do not laugh I told you that would be hard for me.

That was at 5pm this after noon, did 112 lenghts 2.8 k swim this morning and a day of manual work. I am feeling quite happy with myself, trouble is I now have targets to beat each week.

Top Bottom