Had a bit of a oops moment tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

Was cycling home from my girlfriends, was wet and cold.
took my usual route. I was going at quite some speed:bicycle: on the piece of s**t BSO I was riding down a steep hill when I tried to apply the brakes.... lost my front brake pads somehow and panicked... decided that instead of putting the bike into a car at the bottom of the hill, I would use my awesome skills and smash the bike into a small wall only a foot or two high at most... there was seriously no way I could stop the bike before the bottom of the hill other than doing this or hitting a car... as I hit the wall I did a bit of a superman over the bars.. rolled a few times before coming to a stop... owners of the garden I landed in had seen me flying across the garden as they were eating their dinner and rushed out to see if I was ok... even though my bikes just a BSO I was still more concerned about my bike...
ive escaped with just a few cuts and bruises but the bike has took the brunt of this... the forks have bent backwards and the wheel is has bent to the side a little... quite funny really... will post pics of the bike tomorrow...
definitely one of those need to change my boxers moments! haha :laugh::laugh::laugh:^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Get yourself checked over as soon as possible.

Was cycling home from my girlfriends, was wet and cold.
took my usual route. I was going at quite some speed:bicycle: on the piece of s**t BSO I was riding down a steep hill when I tried to apply the brakes.... lost my front brake pads somehow and panicked... decided that instead of putting the bike into a car at the bottom of the hill, I would use my awesome skills and smash the bike into a small wall only a foot or two high at most... there was seriously no way I could stop the bike before the bottom of the hill other than doing this or hitting a car... as I hit the wall I did a bit of a superman over the bars.. rolled a few times before coming to a stop... owners of the garden I landed in had seen me flying across the garden as they were eating their dinner and rushed out to see if I was ok... even though my bikes just a BSO I was still more concerned about my bike...
ive escaped with just a few cuts and bruises but the bike has took the brunt of this... the forks have bent backwards and the wheel is has bent to the side a little... quite funny really... will post pics of the bike tomorrow...
definitely one of those need to change my boxers moments! haha :laugh::laugh::laugh:^_^
Fire your mechanic.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was riding down a steep hill when I tried to apply the brakes.... lost my front brake pads somehow
I'd guess that they are the slide in type and you have put the right cartridge on the left side and the left one on the right side, which means that braking would pull the blocks out rather than pushing them further in! :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damn if you'd had a headcam you could've shown the crash on here!:sad:

I'd guess that they are the slide in type and you have put the right cartridge on the left side and the left one on the right side, which means that braking would pull the blocks out rather than pushing them further in! :whistle:

Or you have them on the correct sides but upside down!
Or the brake blocks are fitted correctly and the fork is on the wrong way round...

Keith Oates

Janner
You were very lucky to get away with it without more serious damage to yourself but the quick thinking in aiming for the low wall was very good.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
BSO or not, there's no excuse for going out onto the road with dangerously defective brakes. You're lucky you didn't kill yourself or anyone else.

There is every excuse available especially as the exact cause of the failure has not yet been determined. The probability of killing someone else is very low - look up the statistics for fatalities to third parties caused by cycle riders.

The big question is: Did wearing a helmet save his life? :okay:

Top Bottom