Had a crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Went out a week Sunday morning trying to get the tubeless tyres to seal on my new Sirrus I brought, I was riding on a cycle path when I took my eyes off for a second & bang I was slammed hard on the path .
i remember my head hitting the tarmac hard, lucky I had my helmet on & a wet elbow.
while lying on the ground I looked back to see what i hit & it was a bloody brick 😡 .
I managed to get up & walked over to some railings where a couple who had seen me come off had stopped & the next thing I know is I’ve blacked out lying on the floor again.
They rang a ambulance but it was going to be over an hr before they could get out, so I called the wife to take me up to A&E which was only half a mile away & lucky for me was empty hence the times we are in.
The staff were great even though I felt guilty going in at this time, ct scans reviled my head was ok but I had a nasty hole in my elbow which they wanted me to have surgery on .
9pm they let me out so a big thanks to the NHS👍, having stitches out Monday but I have been missing going out with all this sunshine & quiet roads.
The wife isn’t to keen on me going out until the virus situation is over😢 but I will try, the bike faired quite well considering just bar ends & a scratch on derailleur the rest I have straitened out .
Stay safe out there peoples.

classic33

Leg End Member
Take it easy, the roads will always be there and you'll be back on the bike in no time.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You could have picked up Covid at the hospital. Cycle paths are more deadly than the roads when knobbers leave bricks in them.
Or at the supermarket, or sitting on a park bench. :blush:

Top Bottom