Had a crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
See they move, I have warned you ! :whistle:

Slick

Guru
That sounds terrible, although obviously could have been worse. Exactly how badly are the bar ends? :okay:

Someone had to. :boxing:

Take care.

OP
OP
TyrannosaurusTreks

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Ouch, did you have the surgery already (Was it a clean out?)
Yes went into surgery about 3hrs after going in, it was a wash out & stitch up.
If it was a normal day I probably would of waited a lot longer😀, I presume I have had to wait 2 weeks to have stitches out in case I have caught the corona while being in there ?.

OP
OP
TyrannosaurusTreks

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
I do find it funny when I look back, but these things happen😂😂.
My helmet took a fair impact but only had a few scratches on it, should I change it?.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I do find it funny when I look back, but these things happen😂😂.
My helmet took a fair impact but only had a few scratches on it, should I change it?.
I would. My view (without wanting to open up a dreaded helmet debate) is that if you are going to wear a hat, then make sure it's not a broken hat. I had a similar crash recently and my helmet was scuffed but when I examined it closely there were was crushing and other damage to the "meat" of it (the polystyrene body), so I'll definitely be replacing mine.

Easily done and hope you heal well. Don`t chance the old helmet, not worth it. Your life is worth far more than the cost of a new helmet and I am sure your wife would echo that.

fossyant

Yes went into surgery about 3hrs after going in, it was a wash out & stitch up.
If it was a normal day I probably would of waited a lot longer😀, I presume I have had to wait 2 weeks to have stitches out in case I have caught the corona while being in there ?.

That's not surgery. That's where they smack you on the head, and drill bits out, and stuff.

fossyant

Reverse psychology, I'm more likely to crash (not in CV 19 times) as I have a cheaper lid and knee and elbow armour on the MTB when hitting unknown descents....:ohmy:

Top Bottom