Had my first SMIDSY and got my first lycra, all in one week!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Obviously it's easier to put a new tube in - but it's very wasteful, and quite unnecessary. Fixing takes five minutes - ten tops - and a properly fixed tube is every bit as sound as a new one.  Aren't you a bit ashamed sending perfectly good 'stuff' off to landfill? 

Arch

Married to Night Train
A lot of people aren't. I collect bottles of washing up liquid from the recycling, that have one or two washes of liquid left in them, and decant them into one bottle. I'm collecting it faster than I'm using it!

I've started on laundry liquid now. It's quite a useful perk!

OP
OP
T

taxing

By the way, is that your bike in your Avatar - me liking the yello flower on the shopping basket.

Sure is, thanks. :smile: Sadly bugs like it too.

I have read up on how to repair a puncture, and own a PRK, only thing is... I don't have a pump. :blush: I'm dead skint but as soon as I have a few spare quid I'm going to get myself a decent little one to carry around with me, and I'll definitely try it out at home first with a cup of tea. Thanks for the tip Arch!

I had no idea that bum pockets on shorts aren't standard, everyone mentions them being on jerseys so I thought it was normal. If there are any ladies interested in a pair of bum pocket shorts, I got them from Sports Direct for £7.99. They're USA Pro ones, black with a pink bit inside the waistband.

OP
OP
T

taxing

url]

Here, knock yourself out. :biggrin:

Top Bottom