Hairy absence...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our ancient cat is at the vets for the weekend having her kidneys flushed (think: dialysis for cats) and we won't get her back until Sunday evening.

The house feels incredibly empty.

Cheer us up and stop us from numbing the pain with sugary carbs. :sad:

One thing you can do is get the maps out and plan a bike ride for later.?

mondobongo

Über Member
Thought you were gonna say you had shaved your legs Chif Chaf .:sad:

Pour you and Baggy a beer the moggy will be back before you know it.

mondobongo

Über Member
Thought you were gonna say you had shaved your legs Chif Chaf :sad:.

Pour you and Baggy a beer the moggy will be back before you know it.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
mondobongo said:
Thought you were gonna say you had shaved your legs Chif Chaf :sad:.
Heh...:sad:

She's a very hairy cat and yes, we have discussed asking Arch to knit a spare! :sad:

She'll be back on Sunday, but as she is almost 20 and has dicky kidneys the treatment will only do enough to ensure that she has a good quality of life for however long she's got left. Having an empty house for two days feels like a rehearsal for the real thing. :smile:

Now, I have a book, called, I think, Travels With Your Cat. He had one of his moggies stuffed. Fear not, it had a long and happy life and he figured the best way to remember it, was, via a taxidermist. It's actually a very interesting and quirky book. When it comes back out of storage I shall send it to you. At various stages, we've had lots of cats but the sadness of the loss of our first cat is still remebered. Still yours has got an innings left eh!

longers

Legendary Member
There is another book about travelling with a cat, a chap took it walking round the Lake District with him, when it got tired it was quite happy in his rucksack.
Not got it so I can't lend it though.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You could adopt Spandex's dog :biggrin:

surfgurl

Right now I could lend you one of mine. You could borrow Phoenix for a couple of days. She is a little black cat who is in trouble for scratching the legs of the coffee table. The wood is so rough it hurts to touch it. Or we could lend you Emily. She is a tabby cat who eats all the other cats food if she gets a chance. Her favourite perch is on top of a bookshelf where she has taken to removing the wallpaper. Or you could borrow Jango who is white and tabby and miaows pathetically at 3 in the morning so you have to call her to quieten her and bring her to bed. Oh Phoenix likes to sleep in bed at night. Under the covers. And she likes to nuzzle up and scratch you as she goes to sleep.
Your little one will be home to you soon for cuddles.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Crackle said:
Now, I have a book, called, I think, Travels With Your Cat. He had one of his moggies stuffed. Fear not, it had a long and happy life and he figured the best way to remember it, was, via a taxidermist. It's actually a very interesting and quirky book. When it comes back out of storage I shall send it to you. At various stages, we've had lots of cats but the sadness of the loss of our first cat is still remebered. Still yours has got an innings left eh!

Travelling Cat by Frederick Harrison? I particularly liked the curry episode.:biggrin:

Hope your moggles is back with you soon Chuffy and Baggy!

Top Bottom