Halfords Ebikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They sell 68 apparently, but some of them will be delivered by other ebike sellers such as ebikes direct. They sell quite a few makes by the looks of it. Ebikes are becoming more and more popular. The Carerra looks nice.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I am not the target market but they seem a bit bloody expensive for a battery and wee motor in the wheel. I can't imagine the cost price of those parts being much more than £200.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I am not the target market but they seem a bit bloody expensive for a battery and wee motor in the wheel. I can't imagine the cost price of those parts being much more than £200.
Yes Ebikes can be expensive depending as to which one you go for but that's the same with everything i guess
I was lucky to find one that would cost around / £800.00 +for a hundred which had only done 8 miles.
We need lidl / Morrisons to to start selling and get a price war started.^_^

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Which to me doesn't even look nice.:sad:
Apart from the battery it looks ugly to me because of the chain appearing to be derailed at the front.

Firestorm

Veteran
Yes Ebikes can be expensive depending as to which one you go for but that's the same with everything i guess
I was lucky to find one that would cost around / £800.00 +for a hundred which had only done 8 miles.
We need lidl / Morrisons to to start selling and get a price war started.^_^
nearly bought one from Aldi in Belgium last yeat, If there had been room on the bike rack we would have

MarkF

Guru
I don't disagree - but if you think Halfords e-bikes are expensive you should see how much Trek want for a Supercommuter+ :eek:

Goodbye, car?

Yes indeed that's what I did for my commute and bought an electric bike. I quickly sold it and bought a Suzuki Van Van. I do read this thread with interest and ideally, I'd like a good looking electric bike as a commuter, but the purchase costs and residual values are years away from making any sense to me. Not when it's far cheaper to own a much more useful machine, that Trek costs 3 times what my motorbike did and I'll lose maybe £200 in 3 years time.........

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Goodbye, car?

Yes indeed that's what I did for my commute and bought an electric bike. I quickly sold it and bought a Suzuki Van Van. I do read this thread with interest and ideally, I'd like a good looking electric bike as a commuter, but the purchase costs and residual values are years away from making any sense to me. Not when it's far cheaper to own a much more useful machine, that Trek costs 3 times what my motorbike did and I'll lose maybe £200 in 3 years time.........

I like the look of the Trek, but you have to question who the target audience is at £3,800 for the 'basic' model. It doesn't make any sense to me no matter which way I look at it.

I like the look of the Trek, but you have to question who the target audience is at £3,800 for the 'basic' model. It doesn't make any sense to me no matter which way I look at it.

The Trek uses the Bosch mid-drive which, along with the Shimano near-equivalent steps are a massively different prospect to the hub-drive systems on cheaper bikes. In performance, quality and longevity, and in battery life

Imagine if you'd never driven or ridden in a car before, then you got in a Reliant Robin you'd think "wow, this flies, it's great" - that's the hub motor. Then climb in a BMW - that's the mid-drive

I had the pleasure of a quick blast on the new Diamondback Ranger 3.0 today at our ebike demo day. At £4250 it ain't cheap but it is a well specced full susser capable of some serious off road work. I can't justify to cost to myself but still I would love one

Top Bottom