Halfords: not always rubbish

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by gouldina, 21 Apr 2010.

1. gouldina

gouldina New Member

They get a lot of flack on here so I thought I'd give a bit of balance based on my experience today. My Voodoo Limba which I bought in Cardiff in Jan suffered from a broken front derailleur shifter (Shimano 105 - apparently a known issue). After initially being a bit funny about it and saying I'd have to get it fixed in Cardiff which would be a nightmare as I live in London, they agreed to fit a new one for free and today did so. Now frankly, this is what I would have expected. However when I turned up today, the guy had not only fitted the new shifter and done a gear service but also recabled both brakes and adjusted them so that they were much better than before because he said that they'd been set up really badly. No charge for any of the above. So thanks Tim from Mile End Halfords for going the extra mile.

2. BearPear

BearPear Über Member

Fair comment. It is always nice to recognise good service!

I emailed kwik-fit once to say how nice their guys were (to a female driver like me) and got a lovely letter back thanking me for taking the time to get in touch. Hopefully the guys in the shop got the message too.

3. monstadog

monstadog Veteran

4. OP
    OP
    gouldina

gouldina New Member

Good point. I should probably drop them an email.

5. Garz

Garz Squat Member

6. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

7. mangaman

mangaman Guest

I e-mailed Kwik-fit after my tyre got punctured by a pothole after the snow.

They checked it out immediately and put my spare wheel on and didn't carge a penny.

Always nice to get positive feedback if you work with the public, although it is very rare - most people complain.

8. Guvnor

Guvnor Active Member

Thats one lucky lucky fella. If i draw a little mark on mine and take it back I wonder what i can get...hmmmm:biggrin:

9. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Now what happens if at the end of the scheme his company get a valuation on the bike:evil:!!! Hope for his sake they don't.

10. buddha

buddha Veteran

11. Brahan

Brahan Über Member

12. iendicott

iendicott Well-Known Member

13. mangaman

mangaman Guest

Honestly, they're that clever. ;)

Even I don't know what I was on about there - I think the drugs were just kicking in when I made that post.

Although Kwikfit were very good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice