Halfords: not always rubbish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gouldina

They get a lot of flack on here so I thought I'd give a bit of balance based on my experience today. My Voodoo Limba which I bought in Cardiff in Jan suffered from a broken front derailleur shifter (Shimano 105 - apparently a known issue). After initially being a bit funny about it and saying I'd have to get it fixed in Cardiff which would be a nightmare as I live in London, they agreed to fit a new one for free and today did so. Now frankly, this is what I would have expected. However when I turned up today, the guy had not only fitted the new shifter and done a gear service but also recabled both brakes and adjusted them so that they were much better than before because he said that they'd been set up really badly. No charge for any of the above. So thanks Tim from Mile End Halfords for going the extra mile.

BearPear

Veteran
Fair comment. It is always nice to recognise good service!

I emailed kwik-fit once to say how nice their guys were (to a female driver like me) and got a lovely letter back thanking me for taking the time to get in touch. Hopefully the guys in the shop got the message too.

OP
OP
G

gouldina

BearPear said:

I emailed kwik-fit once to say how nice their guys were (to a female driver like me) and got a lovely letter back thanking me for taking the time to get in touch. Hopefully the guys in the shop got the message too.

Good point. I should probably drop them an email.

mangaman

BearPear said:

I e-mailed Kwik-fit after my tyre got punctured by a pothole after the snow.

They checked it out immediately and put my spare wheel on and didn't carge a penny.

Always nice to get positive feedback if you work with the public, although it is very rare - most people complain.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Garz said:
Halfords... check this guys story out!

Now what happens if at the end of the scheme his company get a valuation on the bike:evil:!!! Hope for his sake they don't.

mangaman

Technology, eh? I can just about manage to send a photo over the internet.

Honestly, they're that clever. ;)

Even I don't know what I was on about there - I think the drugs were just kicking in when I made that post.

Although Kwikfit were very good.

Top Bottom