Halifax TV Adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I'm waiting to get my £5 from them .For putting my £1,000 per month unspent money with them .

Yeah right .

potsy

Rambler
postman said:
I'm waiting to get my £5 from them .For putting my £1,000 per month unspent money with them .

Yeah right .
I get my £5 every month postie:biggrin: pays for a new inner tube a month:biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Ste T. said:
I can tell you the phone number off by heart of Maincrest car and van hire. It's ingrained into my head from a radio jingle I haven't heard for thirty years, yet I can't remember my own mobile no.

The following jingle was firmly planted in my head in the sixties. I had no idea where Gateshead was but desperately wanted to go there to see the store and its contents. It seemed so much better than Darlington's Binn's and Doggart's.

Shepherds of Gateshead the biggest and the best store,
Shepherds of Gateshead have what you are looking for,
There’s so much to see,
And the car park is free,
Coming shopping at Shepherds with the whole family!

I'll probably go to bed with the jingle rattling around tonight.

Wafflycat might remember the jingle as she's a northern lass

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Uncle Mort said:
I'm amazed nobody's mentioned Go Compare!

gocompare.gif

Git me my shotgun, Charlene!
those are just ****ing horrible (sorry, mods)

Ste T.

Guru
Si!

I cant work out how they get away with the "germ ridden cage" bit on the ones about hanging a lump of smelly disinfectant in your loo.

Assuming the stuff in it works, then the bit with the least germs must be the cage bit as it holds the concentrated lump of disinfectant.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Do Halifax go out of their way to make the worst adverts on TV?

Yes.

Advertisements are designed raise awareness. You can raise awareness by making something so bad that it gets people talking, like us here.

In that purpose Halifax and their agents have succeeded.

joebingo

Über Member
Moodyman said:
Do Halifax go out of their way to make the worst adverts on TV?

Yes.

Advertisements are designed raise awareness. You can raise awareness by making something so bad that it gets people talking, like us here.

In that purpose Halifax and their agents have succeeded.

Just to warn, I'm hugely cynical about advertising and consumerism.

Adverts in general seem to have been a lot more annoying over the past 2 years, I suppose the best way to fleece people into believing that you're doing them a favour is by coming across as more stupid than they are, or the other end of the spectrum which is to make them believe that you're selling them an otherwise unattainable dream rather than yet another razor which they just don't need.

Top Bottom