Halifax TV Adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Adverts have been getting worse over recent years simply because as the economy has contracted, budgets have shrunk. Less money means lower quality. It's like anything else.

On the Direct Line ads, Stephen Fry has to say “its our 25th birthday” (Not as is correct our 25th anniversary). While that annoys me I take comfort in the thought that Stephen Fry will be far more needled at having to say “birthday” (Probably will wear of when the big cheque is cashed though).

Brahan said:
The Nat West adverts make me sick. 'Helpful banking' what a pile of shite.

When I went to get money out of my savings I seemed to be treated like a criminal.I no longer save with The Halifax.Oh yeah even took my passport round to prove my identity but this was ignored...Obviously they can't trust passports either.

Still,I won't have that problem in future.

HeyWayne said:
You should get that stammer looked at.

heh!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
hackbike 666 said:
When I went to get money out of my savings I seemed to be treated like a criminal.I no longer save with The Halifax.Oh yeah even took my passport round to prove my identity but this was ignored...Obviously they can't trust passports either.
Still,I won't have that problem in future.
heh!

I have used The Bank Of Scotland all of my life and now that it's Hbos, it doesn't make much difference!

Heck, I go into my local branch and they all know who I am!! THAT'S service for you! :thumbsup:

Actually, I know that I have been exceptionally lucky with them as I have never really had any problems, whereas everyone else in my family have (I'm the only one still with them, purely because I seem to have got myself a really great deal with them which I have accumulated over the years).

Should I await them to drop some major clanger on me I wonder?? (almost the rest of my family have changed to First Direct ...at least I think it's them).

Incidentally, I don't bother to watch much TV other than the likes of BBC 3 and 4, so I have no idea what zarking advert you are talking about (and nor do I care much).

Oh, and Hackbike, regarding the Virgin Trains advert:

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial!

Top Bottom