HAM (Amateur) Radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cripes - is it still going?

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Me, not on the air that much though, but can be tempted into a 80m sked or even a internet linked repeater or too.

M0RFU

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
CQ, CQ
Any other radio amateurs here?

de
MM0KOZ
Will keep an eye out for you.
Unluckily for you, your QTH is only a handheld on 2m away..
I carry one on my handlebar bag whenever I'm out..

Toe Clip

Although I still hold the licence, G6DDQ, I am no longer active on Amateur Radio. Seems that there is little activity on 145 M/cs and above especially in this area.

OP
OP
Scottish Scrutineer

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
2EORGJ, but not currently active. So much has gone to digimodes and that doesnt appeal to me.
I too was lapsed @Drago but have been starting to use DRM digital mode via the local repeater GB7EE. It took a little while to get my head around the codeplug and the Talk Groups, but I think I'm getting there. Analogue 2m seems to be dead around here and I never got into HF, probably because most of my use was 2m mobile.

DRM

Guru
Used to be G8 XXB, my father was G8 XXA!!. Haven’t used it in ages and I suspect must have lapsed many years ago. Anybody know if one simply applies to renew or is something more onerous required?
Send OFCOM an Email with photos of your City & Guilds certificates, pass slips and copies of old licenses that show your call sign and address, they will then verify you are who you are claiming to be, then they will get back in touch with a request for £20, and that’s you back with a licence, 73’s G7 KKJ

Captain Sensible

Send OFCOM an Email with photos of your City & Guilds certificates, pass slips and copies of old licenses that show your call sign and address, they will then verify you are who you are claiming to be, then they will get back in touch with a request for £20, and that’s you back with a licence, 73’s G7 KKJ
Thanks

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Not me, but my father and brother were both enthusiasts (G3HBI/G4LLH). Silent keys for a long time now.

What I do have is a large number of my dad's QSL cards, mainly from the early 1950s, and also his log books. They're the sort of thing I'd never throw away, but other than storing them in boxes, I'm lacking inspiration on what to do with them.

Ste T.

Guru
Not me but an old neighbour now sadly passed used to spend practically every evening in his shed which he had fitted out very comfortably with a armchair and tea and coffee making facilities. He would regularly speak to people from all over the place, We could see him through the shed window and always thought how cosy he looked, especially on nights when the rain was pouring down.

Top Bottom