Playing with my 'Littlest radio station' this morning - great fun with 1.5W of CW -
View attachment 822091
Impressed,
I got my GM7 in 1988 and spent the next 10 months at Glasgow Nautical College doing (learning) CW on Wed evenings, got proficient around 14 to 15 WPM, sending and receiving then like most things in my life just threw in the towel, access to HF then was via the full licence and you needed 12 WPM CW
I threw out a couple of SWL logbooks of the ham bands where I'd logged in morse...stupid move but VHF had been my go to with SOTA kicking in around 2009, now located in a VHF and upwards desert but still do the odd session of FT8 using plane scatter..
Good on the QRP, big fan of it, use mostly up to 10 watts on HF data and voice..
Been a member of G-QRP for yonks, worth the paltry sum for membership
Too many 'OTAs available but with my age etc, POTA is a possiblity..
I now have a 'key' with a microbit attached so who knows, maybe I'll try to learn it again and no, I can't remember none of it
Been playing with Meshtastic and Meshcore,
I've another couple of side projects running but it is a great hobby to get in to, if you are swithering just google Foundation Licence or go to the RSGB website or PM anyone active on this thread for more information.