Hamax Discovery 101 Child Seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ed Crane

Thinking of getting this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1A3EPG6TRQBGKV4H6FCZ

The review say's it will not fit bikes where there is no gap on the stem where the top tube and down tube meet.

Has anyone had any experience with this or a similar fixing and maybe be able tell from this pic of my bike stem, if it will fit. Hopefully the pic is clear enough to see that there is a gap but there is a lot of welding in it and only about a centimetre of clear stem.

Thanks.

Attachments

• bike stem.jpg
    bike stem.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
Ed Crane

Ed Crane

Lol. I've just seen how massive that thumbnail is when opened. I've no idea how to make it smaller but hopefully the thumbnail is clear enough.

Ed..

edindave

Über Member
Doesn't look like it'll fit to me... and there's a review on the item page too which seems to confirm this...

"Con's for the seat are : will not fit all bikes BEWARE!! if you dont have a conventional frame you could be in trouble, the bracket for the seat attatches to the bike manufactures badge on the front of the frame, but if your cross bar and your lower bar meet at the front of the frame IT WONT FIT!! also, the seat doesnt feel like it would take much more weight then my daughter now (about 13kg) as the seat is only supported by two bars at the front (see item pic). It could do with a support at the back of the seat. "

OP
OP
Ed Crane

Ed Crane

Yeah thanks. That's the review I was refering to. It's just my other bike has no gap at all, and it doesn't say how much gap is required. Unless someone says that they've fit one on a similar stem then I won't order one. Too much hassle returning something of that size.

Probably see if Halfords or lbs have a decent cheapish one that I can check out in the flesh.

OP
OP
Ed Crane

Ed Crane

Thanks for the link Dave. Some other seats seem to have optional extra fittings, so they can be fixed to the down tube, although they cost about £25 and still might not fit properly as my down tube is sorta diamond shaped....

Funny how you think " I know, I'll look online for a front facing seat" and within minutes it becomes the most important thing your life and spend a whole evening searching for something that doesn't exist lol.

Halfords it is then... cheers bud.

edindave

Über Member
Know what you mean Ed - take the bike with you if you can...

I just fitted a Hamax (3rd hand) rear seat to my old MTB - my heels just about clip the bottom footwells while I'm peddling if my feet have moved back on the pedal.

I imagine those front seats bring up other potential issues - i.e. knees banging into it!!! Better make sure you have enough room to actually pedal with it on!

namorado_r

hello Edindave,
Can you tell me someting, please?
Can we use this Hamax Discovery 101 Fixing Bracket 2011 instead of the Fastening bracket that comes with the seat?

I am askind this because i bought a Falcon Richmond and there's not enough space to put the normal bracket because the bike has a little support for the brake wire but when you see the bike online they only show us one side ... the side without wires! :smile:

Can you or anyone help me?

Does anyone knows the difference between an Hamax extra bar to lower seat and an Hamax spare support for lower frames? I went to the hamax website but they have the pics unavailable.

I am very sad, i tried to do the right things ... look, compare, read... before but now i'm having problems! :sad:

edindave

Über Member
Sorry not sure I can help - that's not the seat I own!

Top Bottom