Hammer Rash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
I was called out to attend a gas escape at 1:45 this morning, at around 5:30 developed a bad case of Hammer Rash after hitting the knuckles of my left hand with a 4lb hammer.:smile: Left Penrith at 7:00 and had an painful 1.5 hour drive home. Got so bad i visited Hexham Hospital where after x-rays have been told i`ve managed to break my middle finger. So tomorrow i`m off to the fracture clinic where no doubt i`ll be fitted with some sort of splint - 3 weeks min. i have been told.:evil:
The only good thing is i`ll not be at work over the Xmas and New Year^_^
but sadly no cycling for a few weeks:sad:

ouch!

still trying to work out how you hit your knuckles with the hammer though.

Slowgrind

Hammer rash is an everyday occurrence in my occupation. My mate always says "Just say b@$t@rd and get on with it!" Three weeks down the line and I`m thinking I wish I went to A+E with this one, and you do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Legendary Member
Slowgrind said:
Hammer rash is an everyday occurrence in my occupation. My mate always says "Just say b@$t@rd and get on with it!" Three weeks down the line and I`m thinking I wish I went to A+E with this one, and you do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1. I usually manage to hit myself in exactly the same spot as well.
We get a fair bit of scalpel rash too.

Yours sounds a bit sore though Graham. Not your drinking arm hopefully.

OP
OP
graham56

graham56

Guru
When the doctor asked "was it my whole finger ?" i had to reply "no it`s the one next to it." ;) :biggrin: Don`t think he got the the joke somehow.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
This is a bit odd. You would think that blokes who worked with hammers professionally would never whack themesleves, what with being professionals and all. I suppose that puts you on a par with the England football team.

gbb

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
This is a bit odd. You would think that blokes who worked with hammers professionally would never whack themesleves, what with being professionals and all. I suppose that puts you on a par with the England football team.

:smile::biggrin: Done it a few times myself, so i empathise graham.

Take your eyes off the item youre hitting for one second.....:biggrin:

The key is to keep your eye on the ball (or chisel).....it really is like football innit ;)

domtyler

Über Member
I can sympathise with you Graham, last Thursday at work while typing a pretty important email I managed to chip the fingernail on my right index finger :biggrin:

I did report the incident to my boss and explained to him that I may need to take some time off because of it but the git just told me to say B@5tard and get on with it!! ;) Unbelievable!

My commiserations. Although that's quite a comedy injury and one of which you should be rightfully proud.
The middle finger on my left hand is currently out of action because it's full of stitches after surgery. Which is a bugger generally, but you get used to it. Hope you're less of a grumpy patient than I am...

OP
OP
graham56

graham56

Guru
Kirstie said:
My commiserations. Although that's quite a comedy injury and one of which you should be rightfully proud.
The middle finger on my left hand is currently out of action because it's full of stitches after surgery. Which is a bugger generally, but you get used to it. Hope you're less of a grumpy patient than I am...

I certainly wasn`t laughing at the time Kirstie but am now, saw the consultant this afternoon and no work for at least 6 weeks.;) Will try and get back in the saddle before that time though, fingers crossed.

domtyler

Über Member
The worst work related injury I heard of was the guy who just chucked the circular saw on the floor while it was still spinning, it wnet up his leg and chomped on his tackle in a big way! ;)

Top Bottom