Handle bars and stem!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I would need an OS bar?
If you are going to replace the bar and stem, it doesn't matter which standard you go for - standard or oversize. As long as the two match, there is no material difference. Standard bars give you more options for bells and whistles that attach to the bar since most bells fit on standard bars.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've also got a short stem going spare, but not sure what actual size it is... are they measured end to end, centre to centre or front of stem to back of bar, if that makes any sense whatsoever :wacko:

ps... it's quite a drastic angle though, about 35-40 degrees.

The OP isn't yet used to the stem length, she's uncomfortable on the bike, unable to grip the brakes with confidence and has locked elbows and a sore neck which would suggest that all is not right with the reach :smile:
It’s not a matter of being used to the current stem, it’s what using a shorter stem will do to the handling, regardless of who rides it, a shorter stem than that supplied and designed to give good handling will make for a more twitchy steering.

It’s not a matter of being used to the current stem, it’s what using a shorter stem will do to the handling, regardless of who rides it, a shorter stem than that supplied and designed to give good handling will make for a more twitchy steering.
Nonsense. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

Nonsense. Repeating it doesn't make it true.
Your not right.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

got this if it's any use for the OP

iluvmybike

Über Member
I have some (little) used bars of that size - ITM Elle - I think they are a standard clamp - but will check - if interested pls message me

You are not serious, are you? That's not an experiment that measures anything. If it does measure anything, please let us know what it was that was measured. Add some units to the measurement too, please.

They summed up the futility of it all at
5 mins.

Then at 8:11 min they admitted the run was a bit silly because of multiple cars and tractors.
At 8:31 they reveal their ignorance of bicycle phsysics by suggesting that high-speed steering is achieved by turning the bars.

Just stop it. It is nonsense.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a 100mm stem on each of my 5 drop bar bikes, never noticed any twitchiness. I cannot imagine I would notice any more twitchiness with a 90mm stem either

Top Bottom