Handlebar bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
looking for a handlebar bag for commuter as rack and pannier is a bit over kill. Just want to put tube, tools and lunch box really.....maybe a gillet

Any advice/recommendations welcome

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have a couple of the £12 Decatlon jobs on various bikes, 2.5 litres I think, just job unless you have a large....er.....lunchbox.....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have the Decathlon one, can't be beaten as a budget option - it's sometimes on offer for under a tenner.

My other bag is this Raleigh one which is a bit squarer than the Decathlon, but still not too big.

It has the klick fix system so should mount neatly on a drop bar bike, particularly one with cables under the bar tape.

Mine came with a weather cover, but as I discovered during the downpours on the recent York to Humber Bridge ride, it's all but waterproof without the cover.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...MIwI2OoN7A1QIVAhwbCh2aCAC-EAQYASABEgK4ovD_BwE

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Rixen & Kaul Mini. Needs a R&K mount, but fits nicely between the brake/gear cables without snagging them.
46.JPG

Big enough for wallet, phone, camera, snacks, tools and a rain jacket or a spare tube. I go everywhere with mine attached ... the only exception being when I'm using the map holder on the same mount instead. Then I always struggle to stash all my stuff elsewhere, and end up ditching some of it. One push of a button and it detatches, so you can easily take it in to the café with you when you stop. Recommended.

Last edited:
Rixen & Kaul Mini. Needs a R&L mount, but fits nicely between the brake/gear cables without snagging them.
View attachment 366317
Big enough for wallet, phone, camera, snacks, tools and a rain jacket or a spare tube. I go everywhere with mine attached ... the only exception being when I'm using the map holder on the same mount instead. Then I always struggle to stash all my stuff elsewhere, and end up ditching some of it. One push of a button and it detatches, so you can easily take it in to the café with you when you stop. Recommended.

Couldn't get a 'proper' man's lunch in there though.

Not even tall enough to stand up a bottle of HP sauce, and you'd have to lie the 4-pack on its side.

Graham

simongt

Guru
I have a handlebar bag a Karrimor, but don't tend to use it much because of the effect on the steering, even when fairly lightly loaded. In your case, as has been suggested, a good quality saddlebag - Carradice do a very good range and are virtually bombproof - may be a better option. :okay: More capacity and negative handling on the bike - unles you have a VERY large lunchbox - ! You may have to invest in an adapter, as most modern saddles don't have saddle loops. :headshake:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have a handlebar bag a Karrimor, but don't tend to use it much because of the effect on the steering, even when fairly lightly loaded. In your case, as has been suggested, a good quality saddlebag - Carradice do a very good range and are virtually bombproof - may be a better option. :okay: More capacity and negative handling on the bike - unles you have a VERY large lunchbox - ! You may have to invest in an adapter, as most modern saddles don't have saddle loops. :headshake:
I never asked for a saddle bag recommendation...........

potsy

Rambler
I used to like my handlebar bag for lightweight commutes, have a Topeak one with the R&K quick release fixing.

Main problem was it sometimes got in the way of my lights, and as a shift worker I always needed them on at least one way.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I know what you mean about the Karrimor as it sticks forward as do the klicfix types. The little decathlon type bags sit tight and slightly under the bars and have no notable effect on handling.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Ortlieb Ultimate 6M

3 spare tubes, tools, phone, wallet, 650ml water bottle, lightweight jacket, and room for a fair bit more (e.g. packed lunch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom