Handlebar bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So no thanks or likes or responses to the people who have adhered to your "rules" and presumably been helpful, but carefully calling out anyone who dares offer a suggestion that strays from the narrow parameters in your OP. Hmm.
My apologies for not high fiving every post..........and yes setting narrow parameters means i get proper suggestions on what i actually want and not unwanted trolling from the likes of you.

Now if i said in my post recommend me a commuter bag for handlebars/seatpost then i wouldnt be getting what i actually wanted. Hope this clears up any transgression by being so narrow minded in what i actually require.

Good day to you sir

simongt

Guru
Main problem was it sometimes got in the way of my lights, and as a shift worker I always needed them on at least one way.
And this was another problem I had with my handlebar bag. :eek:

simongt

Guru
When I had the brakes upgraded on my tourer, as I already had a Rixen Kaul bag clamp on the handlebars. my LBS simply allowed a bit of extra cable when installing the brakes. Never had an issue with brake / barbag compatability. Nt that I use the barbag much for reasons previously stated.

D

Deleted member 1258

When I had the brakes upgraded on my tourer, as I already had a Rixen Kaul bag clamp on the handlebars. my LBS simply allowed a bit of extra cable when installing the brakes. Never had an issue with brake / barbag compatability. Nt that I use the barbag much for reasons previously stated.

With the Disc-nan being so small I'm hoping to have to move my computer a little further out and just reposition my cables, I reckon at worst I'll just need longer outers, I'm not expecting steering problems, phone and glasses are about all I plan to use it for, puncture kit, spare tube and lock can stay in the saddle bag. I had a large handle bar bag on a bike many years ago and the only thing that caused problems were side winds

D

Deleted member 1258

I've just ordered one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...4a16-5071-9ae3-1594de3cd77d&pf_rd_i=548915031

I'll see how it fits when it gets here. I may have to rearrange my cables, though I shouldn't have to go this far.

https://thecrazyrandonneur.wordpres...have-a-large-handlebar-bag-with-sti-shifters/

Bag arrived this morning when I was out. It'll just take my phone and glasses and not much else, so it's too small for @jowwy. I'll fit it tomorrow. My front brake and front changer cables are wrapped round each other so I'll sort that out, once I've done that it should just strap on, no need to move my computer.

20170813_143155.jpg
20170813_143231.jpg
20170813_143358.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Bag arrived this morning when I was out. It'll just take my phone and glasses and not much else, so it's too small for @jowwy. I'll fit it tomorrow. My front brake and front changer cables are wrapped round each other so I'll sort that out, once I've done that it should just strap on, no need to move my computer.

View attachment 367872 View attachment 367873 View attachment 367874
Yeh defo too small.....bought a 4ltr one from altura. Looks good and plenty of room for tools, gilet and sarnie box

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Ortleib Ultimate 6. Side pockets for small stuff (multi tool, inner tube) main pocket for 75cl bottles of cider, loaf of bread, waterproof jacket, tubs of yoghurt or whatever. You can get an insert for a DSLR and spare lens. I've done a 3 day tour with just an Ortleib bar bag and a bum bag. Main pocket is waterproof except for total immersion. If you want lights you'll need a bar extender or, at a pinch, just mount your head torch strap around the bag.

Yeh defo too small.....bought a 4ltr one from altura. Looks good and plenty of room for tools, gilet and sarnie box
Very happy to see you're keeping the tradition of not responding in any way to people that give you a remotely useful suggestion, but letting anyone who isn't helpful know how useless they have been within a few hours.

Please, what is so hard about clicking "like"?

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Ortleib Ultimate 6. Side pockets for small stuff (multi tool, inner tube) main pocket for 75cl bottles of cider, loaf of bread, waterproof jacket, tubs of yoghurt or whatever. You can get an insert for a DSLR and spare lens. I've done a 3 day tour with just an Ortleib bar bag and a bum bag. Main pocket is waterproof except for total immersion. If you want lights you'll need a bar extender or, at a pinch, just mount your head torch strap around the bag.

Per chance, is this the new Ortlieb Ultimate 6s? (The one with a clear lid) Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Very happy to see your keeping the tradition of not responding in any way to people that give you a remotely useful suggestion, but letting anyone who isn't helpful know how useless they have been within a few hours.

Please, what is so hard about clicking "like"?
Do you have anything to add to the thread.....if not, go troll somewhere else

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I used to like my handlebar bag for lightweight commutes, have a Topeak one with the R&K quick release fixing.

Main problem was it sometimes got in the way of my lights, and as a shift worker I always needed them on at least one way.
The little Decathlon one mentioned by @Fab Foodie above doesn't obstruct bar-mounted lights. It dangles below. But it may be too little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom