Handlebar bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Well, I would, but not for someone so consistently ungracious.
so i've only made this thread in which i haven't high fived all the respondents, and now i'm consistently ungracious. you may also notice that post 25 states i've bought a bag

I think you need to get a life and go troll some one else.......i bet your one of those people that moan if cyclists don't wave to you when your riding like a little princess

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
t post 25 states i've bought a bag
I missed that. Let us know how you get on with it.

FWIW I think you were perfectly polite by ignoring off topic posts, or declining irrelevant information. It's a tricky one - off topic, but vaguely related, posts can be interesting and entertaining - but frustrating if you're trying to get specific information. Recently I made a post asking about train travel at a specific time to a specific destination, and received loads of advice that I should go elsewhere, go at another time, go via a different means of transport, or do something else entirely, but scarcely any answers to my question. It tested my powers of graciousness, but I suppose it's possible that some other people found the answers entertaining in an some way.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I missed that. Let us know how you get on with it.

FWIW I think you were perfectly polite by ignoring off topic posts, or declining irrelevant information. It's a tricky one - off topic, but vaguely related, posts can be interesting and entertaining - but frustrating if you're trying to get specific information. Recently I made a post asking about train travel at a specific time to a specific destination, and received loads of advice that I should go elsewhere, go at another time, go via a different means of transport, or do something else entirely, but scarcely any answers to my question. It tested my powers of graciousness, but I suppose it's possible that some other people found the answers entertaining in an some way.
Its as if im not allowed to post my precise needs within my own thread and must accept what others say.....crazy

KneesUp

Guru
I think you need to get a life and go troll some one else.......i bet your one of those people that moan if cyclists don't wave to you when your riding like a little princess

*you're*

I also find your responses a little brusque.

I think you need to accept that soliciting information from strangers via the internet is not the same as going into a branch of 'Compare My BarBag' for advice, and will inevitably result in advice that is only roughly about what you asked. It's because people want to be helpful by offering alternatives that you might not have thought of, and it's what makes this forum warm and cosy.

I would also add that if you can't define the difference between 'riding like a little princess' and 'riding like a little prince' and/or if 'riding like a little princess' is meant as an insult, then you are being sexist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

*you're*

I also find your responses a little brusque.

I think you need to accept that soliciting information from strangers via the internet is not the same as going into a branch of 'Compare My BarBag' for advice, and will inevitably result in advice that is only roughly about what you asked. It's because people want to be helpful by offering alternatives that you might not have thought of, and it's what makes this forum warm and cosy.

I would also add that if you can't define the difference between 'riding like a little princess' and 'riding like a little prince' and/or if 'riding like a little princess' is meant as an insult, then you are being sexist.
My apologies as i missed the coma in my sentence.......

In other words he's acting like a little princess, just because i didnt high 5 anyone......i normally do in all my posts, but in this one i didn't. Because of that he stated i was "consistently ungracious"......which is an untruth. But then i expect nothing more from people that add nothing to threads and just troll people for a response.

And as for your quote on grammar.........this is a social media forum, not an english grammar exam, but thanks for pointing out such a minor mistake within my post. I am forever eternally grateful

OP
OP
J

jowwy

@Moderators please could you lock this thread as its no longer required

Thank you

KneesUp

Guru
My apologies as i I missed the coma apostrophe in my sentence .......

In other words he's acting like a little princess, just because i didnt I didn't high 5 anyone...... i I normally do in all my posts, but in this one i I didn't. Because of that he stated iI was "consistently ungracious"...... which is an untruth. But then i I expect nothing more from people that add nothing to threads and just troll people for a response.

And as for your quote on grammar.........this is a social media forum, not an eEnglish grammar exam, but thanks for pointing out such a minor mistake within my post. I am forever eternally (tautology - choose forever or eternally but don't use both) grateful.

I still don't understand the 'acting like a princess' thing - I clearly meet fewer Royals than you do. It sounds like you're using gender as an insult to me, which means you are being sexist regardless of the gender of the person you're referring to. But I'm prepared to be educated in how pointing out that your responses could be construed as slightly rude is 'behaving like a princess' How does responding to what might be a valid criticism and being even more brusque fit on the 'Debretts' scale? Are you behaving like an Archdeacon? Or a Marquis? Who knows? If you think someone is being over sensitive, say that. Don't resort to gender-based (meaningless) insults. Or, you know, don't insult people at all. Disagree with them, by all means, but remember that you're all grown up now and either ignore it, or respond to it as an adult so as not to lower the tone.

I've corrected your post as you were previously grateful for the corrections.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I still don't understand the 'acting like a princess' thing - I clearly meet fewer Royals than you do. It sounds like you're using gender as an insult to me, which means you are being sexist regardless of the gender of the person you're referring to. But I'm prepared to be educated in how pointing out that your responses could be construed as slightly rude is 'behaving like a princess' How does responding to what might be a valid criticism and being even more brusque fit on the 'Debretts' scale? Are you behaving like an Archdeacon? Or a Marquis? Who knows? If you think someone is being over sensitive, say that. Don't resort to gender-based (meaningless) insults. Or, you know, don't insult people at all. Disagree with them, by all means, but remember that you're all grown up now and either ignore it, or respond to it as an adult so as not to lower the tone.

I've corrected your post as you were previously grateful for the corrections.
so you don't want me to insult, yet post insults.

and yes it was a coma i missed in my sentence above not an apostrophe.....you know one of these , and apostrophe is one of these ' you don't use an apostrophe to pause within a sentence. Hope that helps.

KneesUp

Guru
so you don't want me to insult, yet post insults.

and yes it was a coma i missed in my sentence above not an apostrophe.....you know one of these , and apostrophe is one of these ' you don't use an apostrophe to pause within a sentence. Hope that helps.
I note that you are posting on a thread you have flagged as no longer needed.

Could you point out where I have insulted you?

I am unclear on where one might add a comma to the sentence you quoted and change it's meaning in any significant way - you were either speculating that some one was riding in the manner of a 'little princess' (which is meaningless) or speculating that they would take offence at people failing to wave at them, which is what a 'little princess' would do.

In both cases you are making (unfounded assumptions) about how someone else may behave and in both cases the phrase 'little princess' is intended as the insulting part.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I note that you are posting on a thread you have flagged as no longer needed.

Could you point out where I have insulted you?

I am unclear on where one might add a comma to the sentence you quoted and change it's meaning in any significant way - you were either speculating that some one was riding in the manner of a 'little princess' (which is meaningless) or speculating that they would take offence at people failing to wave at them, which is what a 'little princess' would do.

In both cases you are making (unfounded assumptions) about how someone else may behave and in both cases the phrase 'little princess' is intended as the insulting part.
if your unclear, then maybe it's time you stopped replying......and calling someone Brusque isn't insulting i presume???

what's even more meaningless is you coming onto the thread, not adding anything of any note about handlebar bags, but just to quote some silly grammar/spelling mistakes and trying to come across as some sort of punctuation king or maybe its cause your bored......

and yes i am replying to your post's on a thread that i have asked the @Moderators to close. Is that not allowed in your small world?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Thread locked as requested and before it turns into a complete slanging match. Ridiculous behaviour!:headshake:

As an aside, can I once again remind everyone to use the report function (link bottom left of any post) if they need to make us aware of anything. Writing @Moderators in a post is not sufficient and won't issue an alert for the moderator on duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom