Handlebar width

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let's have a photo of the SS!

Just for you..................... ^_^

20170619_172552.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Looks like a nippy commuter. At least it's got brakes. Did you build that yourself?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Standard? There's not much of it left! We used to own an ex-MOD Land Rover 90 and judging from the service record the only original parts left were the engine and the chassis.

Don't chop till you try. You can't glue them back on :laugh:
Yes, I would live with them a while before cbopping. My exped bike came with very wide bars and I almost asked the bike shop to chop them. But I came to like them very soon. Mind you that bike often hauls a lot of weight.
Nevertheless, wait a while before cutting.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

Hacksaws and bare feet

It's a winning combination :laugh:

Yes, I would live with them a while before cbopping. My exped bike came with very wide bars and I almost asked the bike shop to chop them. But I came to like them very soon. Mind you that bike often hauls a lot of weight.
Nevertheless, wait a while before cutting.
Ha, ta, that will teach me to scan/jump ahead in threads ;)

I hacksawed about an inch off the bars i got for wifes Allez conversion. Spot on now and took 5 mins. Will do same on my mtb as changing twist grips to Shimano XT shifters. Nothing beats a bit of tinkering eh?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Just back from a ride, the new grips made such a difference, standing hill climing easier and just to have a change of grip, defo a good buy.

Like the bar width too will stick with 580 for a while now, any shorter will be hard to mount my phone on the bars too haha 20190210_133434.jpg

Top Bottom