Happy 90th birthday ma`am

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have nothing against them (seeing as I don't know them personally), and at one point was... Err, a Royalist (I know I know!!), but, then, time passed, things happened and now, quite honestly, if I could abolish the Monarchy tomorrow, then I would - There is absolutely no need for it.

That said, although I was at one point proud to have a Monarchy (Yes yes I get it!), I could never get the whole fawning reverence thing which we have seen so much over the last few days, and as far as I can tell, the BBC are the worst at it by a country mile!

So Happy Birthday Liz, but I wont be celebrating and I hope major things happen to the Monarchy when you die, sorry.

You're right. I was quoting the Wetherspoons price in East Ham. I suspect you're quite familiar with it
East Ham is where I go for my Indian spices.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If the alternative to the Monarchy is yet another elected politician then thank God for them. The Queen is the perfect head of state, apolitical and no power whatsoever.
She has the power, she just chooses most of the time not to exercise it. But I agree that the thought of a President Blair or President Cameron is too horrible for words.

I reckon we should all have a turn. Every month, by lottery, we pick someone off the electoral register to be monarch. They get to live in the palace for a month and do all the ceremonial stuff like cutting ribbons on hospital wings, meeting foreign dignitaries and such. And they meet the PM once a week and tell him what they think. It would be truly democratic. OK, you'd get the occasional nobber but they'd only be doing it for a month which isn't long enough to do any real damage, and then there'd be someone nice again.

Or it should just be Judi Dench. Everybody loves Judi Dench.

colly

Re member eR
As Dud said.........if 42,465,274 people died...........I'd be queen.

Top Bottom