Happy Fathers Day To All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Son and daughter away in Europe for 3 weeks (currently Rome) but left cards and pressies with mrs marshmella. Got a tee shirt some beer:cheers: and a book about a guy who commuted to work ,went straight past his office and embarked on a trip around Britains coastline..is it a cyclechatter?

Is the book "one man and his bike". ?

matiz

Guru
Someone's after something:laugh:
IMG_20180617_102116356.jpg

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've a copy myself. Good book.

20180617_112900.jpg

I'm not really a Hallmark moments person, but am quite a fan of taking a moment to appreciate the people around us.

To anyone and everyone who would like to be wished one - happy father's day.

To everyone else who would rather not for whatever reason - happy Sunday.

And general fuzzy kind thoughts & wishes to all those who are missing (or missing being) a dad, grandad, stepdad or other fatherly figure.

I bought an 'ideal father's day present' money box reduced to half price in the supermarket online shop that will arrive this evening that my children can give their dad when they see him on Tuesday. I did ask him if he wanted to do anything with 'em today but never got an answer... I've suggested the youngest send him a message, not yet nagged him to. I'll remind the eldest when he gets home from work. I've not heard anything at all from their paternal grandfather for a few years now - we stopped getting thank yous for the xmas presents sent via their dad about 4 years ago, so I don't have definite contact details for him - I think the eldest has a mobile number, so will probably suggest he texts.*

My dad struggles to be sure what day it is, doesn't hear well and doesn't reliably recognise us so not a lot of point in trying to phone the home he's in to wish his a happy father's day - I will try and get at least one grandson over to visit in the next couple of weeks but it is really inaccessible by public transport from ours so I have to co-ordinate with a sister visiting by car.

*I'm also the one that gets them to ring their paternal granny on mother's day, organises xmas/b'day gifts for them to give their dad/stepmum/stepsister etc and reminds them to ring that side of the family to wish happy birthdays and so on. Because the view is always better from the moral high ground.

Top Bottom