Happy to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1530584"]
No formal enquiry is needed at all. Me and I should imagine a few others want to know what happened. And if need to be what can be learned and advice given regarding the Police etc.

The OP has said that are shaken up by an incident with an artic, etc which is fine. It's only natural to asked what happened.
[/quote]

Twigman didn't ask ayceejay what happened, though, did he? He effectively asked everyone else to suspend their words of support pending "evidence", when evidence is entirely irrelevant to the point of the thread.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1530587"]
No it's not, it's completely natural. If someone I knew or didn't (I don't think it really matters) had something happen to them that had scared them completely shitless. The first thing you would do is help them is calm them down, and then you would ask them what happened.
[/quote]

Yes - which is what abo did in post #2...

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It does, indeed, beggar belief. Some halfwit nearly killed me with a caravan last Monday - he overtook me on a sharpish blind right-hand bend at about 40mph, passing my elbow with less than a foot to spare. I barely had time to draw a breath of relief before his caravan swung even closer. You might say that I am lucky to be alive, or that he is lucky that there was no opportunity for me to catch up with him after the event. The woman in the car behind was visibly shaken I don't need to provide any evidence of anything in order to relate this story, and neither do you to relate yours. Asking you for evidence in this situation is moronic.

Amen to that.

Putting everything else aside, what reason would a rig have for blasting its' air-horn at another road user?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I don't see why it's necessary to have some kind of formal inquiry. Someone posted that he felt in fear of his life from a vehicle that should be taking every care to avoid intimidating or endangering him, in a place where he had reason to think others would recognise and understand that he was shaken. That's all there is to it.

:thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1530591"]
Am I not allowed to do it as well?
[/quote]

Yes of course. But asking someone what has happened is not the same as demanding evidence.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Asking you for evidence in this situation is moronic.

Bit of a straw man this, as nobody asked for evidence. I personally just pointed out that the OP gave very little info about the incident in his post, which made it difficult to judge.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bit of a straw man this, as nobody asked for evidence. I personally just pointed out that the OP gave very little info about the incident in his post, which made it difficult to judge.

Not all of us.
I make no assumptions until I have reviewed the evidence.

I see many, many incidents on the road where, in all honesty, the cyclist is at fault (RLJing/wobbling in to traffic/bunnyhopping off pavements into traffic etc etc) but would they admit liability in the event of an accident? Probably not as it's always the nasty driver's fault, isn't it?

Twigman did, as you can now see. When exactly were you asked to judge anything?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1530600"]
Interesting, I am merely taking the piss, yet you....this thread is growing legs.
[/quote]

Indeed!

Hip Priest

Veteran
I don't need to be asked do I? Plenty of people have judged that the OP should report the trucker to the police. Why aren't you berating them for offering their judgement? Ah, it's because they agree with you isn't it? Good-o.

Why do you all instantly assume it was the fault of the lorry driver?

The people to sort this out are the Police, if there is a problem then they can sort this out, or if the cyclist at fault the same process occurs.

Reporting the episode to the Police is entirely appropriate and no judgmental

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I don't need to be asked do I? Plenty of people have judged that the OP should report the trucker to the police. Why aren't you berating them for offering their judgement? Ah, it's because they agree with you isn't it? Good-o.

That's not a judgement - that's advice. You need to work on your precision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom