Happy to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
A 40 tonne truck had me off the road today, as he was hanging on his klaxon I doubt that this was a mistake. My trembling was a mixture of fear and rage. I had to continue otherwise I thought I may never get on a bike again. Thanks for listening.

abo

what happened? just some random moron or did he think you'd done smething to offend?

soulful dog

Veteran
Well done for getting straight back on, hope it has no lasting effects on you.

It's funny how things can affect you, I was hit by a lorry a couple of years ago and apart from cuts & bruises was fine, but yesterday I had two incidents with cars passing very close that left me trembling and pretty much feeling ill.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm sorry to read this.

I would strongly echo others concerns to report it to the Police. If you can give a good description of the vehicle, company legends/logos, time and date of incident, etc.

Also report it to stopSMIDSY. Then the campaign can use the info to help make cycling better.

Twigman

Why do you all instantly assume it was the fault of the lorry driver?

billy1561

BB wrecker
I had a very close call yesterday 3rd exit on a roundabout and a black corsa turned right in front of me no indicators whatsoever. Missed me by about 3 feet at around 20 mph. Scared the shoot out of me and i yelled as he drove past. His brake lights came on momentarily as if he was stopping but then off he went.

Looking back over it in my mind i can't recall signalling myself and i was hugging the roundabout so can think myself fortunate as i am equally to blame if not more so.

I guess it shows how easy it is to make basic errors from fatigue when coming off night shift :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom