Happy to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
That's not a judgement - that's advice. You need to work on your precision.

Okay. I advise the OP to explain the incident a bit more clearly if he wants a reasoned opinion from me. You need to work on your manners.

The reality is though that the majority of the time the fault lies with the driver. It's different with pedestrians (&child cyclists) who are more likely to be at fault than the driver but in a TRL review for adult cyclists, police attributed the driver solely responsible in about 60%-75% of all cases, and riders solely at fault 17%-25% of the time.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1530616"]
But why Angel - why?
[/quote]

I doubt the OP would know that. Why do drivers do anything that could threaten a cyclist?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1530622"]
Why not?

There are a number of reasons, most of the time ime it is down to driver error, however there have been times when cyclists and they way they ride have needed a quick blast of the horn to let them knwo that other road users are there.
[/quote]

You said it :smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am quite happy to take the op at face value.
I hope it doesnt put you off cycling .

BUT I think the attitude of some people that the driver is allways to blame is ridiculous.

I see plenty of terrible cycling and am quite happy to hold my own hand up to making mistakes out on the road both on the bike and in the car.

Unless we are willing to admit we arent perfect cyclists all the time nothing can be learnt from our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom