Happy to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
So nothing further from the OP so we are not able to make a balanced decision as to who was at fault ?

:sad:

I bet the truck was a Mercedes :whistle:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Over 90 posts in and the OP still hasn't related the story of what led up to the lorry driver 'hanging on the klaxon'....

I wonder why?

Probably because he came here simply to relate a stressful experience in a sympathetic environment, and he got pompous demands for "evidence" from someone who is unapologetic about hospitalizing pedestrians.

Jezston

Über Member
Probably because he came here simply to relate a stressful experience in a sympathetic environment, and he got pompous demands for "evidence" from someone who is unapologetic about hospitalizing pedestrians.

Oh that was HIM? I remember that! Surprised he's still around.

Crikey, so many posts bickering (P&L has gone you know?) and yet all I see is someone asking if it may be possible that the OP could do something differently next time to avoid the fright such as the one described. Ok, the wording wasn't so constructive...or was it?

Many on here learn\have learnt a lot through reading of other riders experiences, which in turn makes them more confident and safer riders. I see this as no different. People like to offer advice, be that 'rider further out', 'defend your lane' or 'report the driver they should be banged up'.

In this thread all I have read is (and I am not belittling the experience, I am sure it frightened the OP out of their skin) 'you were scared. report the driver'. Not good imo. Certainly not helpful or civil.

Right, dummy thrown now, please calm down and think of the children
wink.gif

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I'm not even bothering to answer you. You'll just have to accept that I do work in the world of transport (in the biggest transport training institution in France), that my wife did (and got out because of the stress) and, I might as well add, her sister still does (and wants to get out because of the supermarket refusal problem is making her life hell). I'm not going to justify myself any further than this - if you think I'm creating a false identity for myself that that's your problem.

lulubel

Über Member
[QUOTE 1530654"]
I doubt what you say about the rise of petrol.
[/quote]

Since this thread seems to be about taking the opportunity to release one's inner pedant, I second this ;)

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
OK, so I said petrol instead of diesel - therefore I don't know anything, I don't work in a transport school, my wife has never worked in transport, nor has her sister. Don't you ever talk about the rising cost of petrol? I know I do, even though my car is diesel. But that's enough - as I said before, I can't be bothered trying to counter your pathetic reasoning.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
I wanted to leave this alone when it turned nasty but now that it has turned even nastier I will reveal all and then may be we can put this to rest,<p>I had just started my ride, I was perhaps 200 m from my drive on a straight stretch of a not too busy country road with a speed limit of 90 kph. I was well over to the right (I live in Quebec) being aware of traffic approaching from behind me, a Jeep passed me closely followed by the truck with his horn blaring less than a foot from my left shoulder thereby forcing me, shaking, off the road. It is possible that the truck driver was tooting at the Jeep who had overtaken and forced him to pull in closer to me or perhaps the Jeep was going too slow for the truck drivers liking or for some other reason which makes no difference at all to the effect it had on me. Had he stopped to apologize and explained I could relate that here but as he didn't I guess I will never know and I prefer not to speculate as it makes no difference to my original reason for posting.

Ayceejay, I hold you completely responsible for this entire thread
tongue.gif
- if you had only filled in your location details in your profile, we could have all nodded sagely and sympathised instead of turning it into a nasty thread
whistling.gif

I think the majority on here have taken a turn at just 'having a vent' from time to time, glad you are ok anyway.
wave.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom