Happy to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
How about a statement from an on duty copper who was stood on the pavement watching?
Will that do?

Don't go to any trouble, it was just a joke.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I must say, if I hit a pedestrian and knocked them unconscious, I'd still feel a lot of sympathy for them even if it was entirely their fault, and I'd want to know if they were okay. To err is human.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
[QUOTE 1530656"]
Ok, so you don't actually work in logistics and your previous post was probably based on you sitting down with a couple of hot dogs and a bucket of popcorn to watch the series of Eddie Stobart: Trucks and Trailers on C5.

Glad we cleared that up.
[/quote]

I work in logistics, transport (30 years now) and will add another made up word of "multimodal" and would concur that he was right about deliveries to supermarkets.

They are all in general ******* with little flexibility. Arrive slightly late and you are turned away, arrive on time and the ******** will keep you as long as they like and make you wait in the queue.

Aldi in my experience being the worst. :angry:

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I must say, if I hit a pedestrian and knocked them unconscious, I'd still feel a lot of sympathy for them even if it was entirely their fault, and I'd want to know if they were okay. To err is human.

I think Twigman's attitude to the person in question is all too clear:

Well they are obviously blind to motorcycles.

WTF are they crossing on red lights for anyway?

If a motorist crosses on a red light into the path of a vehicle on a green light, it is ALWAYS the fault of the RLJ, why should it be any different when the RLJ is a cyclist?

A few years ago I knocked down a ped (on my m/c) who stepped onto a pelican crossing when the ped's light was on red.
The incident was witnessed by a policeman and I was exonerated of any blame, despite travelling at the speed limit.
I would have sued the stupid bint for the £500 damage she caused but I never discovered who she was as she was unconscious at the scene and carted off in an ambulance and the police wanted £50 for the accident report and anyway she looked like she was on benefits.

I'm sticking to my line of RLJs are blind morons with a death wish and next time one pulls across in front of me, I'll take him out rather than take avoiding action.

Fed up with them tbh.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Perhaps she was? She certainly behaved no differently from someone who was, except perhaps she wasn't looking and didn't time her departure from the pavement deliberately - it was just an unhappy effect of her timing. There was absolutely nothing I could've done, more than I did, to avoid her.

Would you hold a train driver responsible for hitting a passenger jumping to commit suicide in front of a moving train?
No
How about a train driver who hits a passenger who accidentally falls in front of a moving train?
Your supposition that since the pedestrian that I hit probably wasn't intending to commit suicide suggests that I was at fault suggests to me that perhaps you would hold the train driver responsible if the passenger fell accidentally.

Don't be ridiculous.

One question. Can you steer a train?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

Likewise.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
No but then can you steer a motorcycle under emergency braking?

Motorcycles don't steer under emergency braking conditions.

My comparison is perfectly reasonable and accurate.

Difference is you had a choice to take evasive action or to slam on the brakes. A train driver has none. Also peds can legally cross roads whereas peds can not legally cross railway lines (other than at prescribed places). Where was your hazard perception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom