Harry Potter - Studio Tour - Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any tips/things to look out for when we go. My daughter has wanted to go for years (16 now).

Going tomorrow (expect it will be busy). Managed to get a reasonable deal (it's not cheap) with good entry time and overnight stay using a city break company, rather than booking direct - trying on the Warner Bros web site for entry times within a reasonable timescale was coming up with late entry only (we booked months ago).

Looks like city break companies get a morning and early afternoon slot.

Anything not to miss. Planning on taking our time going round.

Visiting Whipsnade Zoo on Sunday.

Broadside

Guru
Definitely take your time going round, don’t be tempted to rush just to see the next bit. It really is a great experience for kids that are really in to it.

Also prepare yourself that it is a heavily focussed commercial enterprise which means they try to prise money out of you everywhere, I felt slightly abused by the end of it but that all passed the kids by.

I would recommend stopping in the cafe however to try the Butterbeer, it is horrendously sweet but it’s weird in an interesting way!

I hope you all have a great day, my kids still talk about it 2 years on.

stephec

Legendary Member
When it comes to the gift shop imagine the kind of overpricing you see at other places, then treble it.

Mrs Stephec and daughter went a few years so and came back with tales of plastic wands costing over £30.

Apparently the tour is top class though.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
We went a couple of years ago and we're going again next month :hyper:

All of the above is very true - there was a chap in the queue in front of us in the gift shop who spent over £550 :eek:

The key thing I found invaluable was the audio guide - absolutely brilliant and gives you far more information than simply walking around. Narrated by Tom Felton (aka Draco Malfoy) and gives a greater insight into the story behind what you are seeing.

If you are a fan of the films, or of films in general, or like any kind of design/craft/graphic design, you will love the exhibits.

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 26715

Never been But the huge queues would stop me ever going...
What queues? I was dragged there by my wife I'm not interested by she's a big fan, there were some interesting things, but for a fan I'm sure it's Mecca

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

MY son is under instruction to charge up his cameras

D

Deleted member 26715

MY son is under instruction to charge up his cameras
If you & the family are into 'Arry Pwotter' then you should enjoy it very much, we zapped through it in a few hours, my B-I-L & family spent over 6 hours there.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

If you & the family are into 'Arry Pwotter' then you should enjoy it very much, we zapped through it in a few hours, my B-I-L & family spent over 6 hours there.

We all 'enjoy' HP, but daughter is the biggest fan and has watched all the movies many times.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@fossyant Don't bother with the Butter beer i thought it was disgusting but you might love it

Gift shop is expensive to a high degree as are the interactive bit's around the tour

Make sure you have finished looking at everything before leaving each area as very hard to go backwards

We love the place been 3 or 4 times and due to go again around xmas

Get your tickets from the machines outside before going in

Whipsnade only been once and enjoyed it

Please enjoy your couple of days away

postman

Legendary Member
Been twice love it, love it.Spider not scary though.Take your time enjoy it.Not sure about prices of things never bought owt,food was bought by Mrs Postman and i don't do gifts at places like that,too old.Mind you anything cycling yes i would buy.Extra we are hoping to go USA next year third time there is another new ride.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Blooming google knows what you are doing. Was looking at restaurants near by (something teens would eat at), and lo and behold, Frankie and Benny's email arrives with a decent two courses and a bottle of wine (for two) at £25.

Also discovered Whipsnade have Tesco Boost, so the little £5 voucher we have left (I spent the others at Evans Cycles :bicycle::tongue:), so that's £15 off.

Top Bottom