Has anybody else noticed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Dont forget the football flags hanging out of the window

Crankarm

Guru
Bongman said:
Dont forget the football flags hanging out of the window

And they wear football shirts and tracky bottoms that look as if they haven't seen a washing machine in 6 months.

Their bins are full of empty beer cans, bottles of spirit and huge pizza boxes.

There is often a strong smell of cannabis coming from their properties.

They never close their windows.

They have an old fridge or prams or both in the front garden with nettles and weeds growing up around them and an old car battery, bed frame and internal door in the garden at the back.

And to cap it all a yappy mutt of a dog that lives in the garden and barks all hours of the day and night.

Apart from that they are delightful ........... so not.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Over The Hill said:
Of the various "vices" mentioned, dog ownership is about the only sensible one.

I live in a relatively good area, but yes, I agree with you!

In terms of security and the piece of mind which is derived from it, I'd rather have a dog than not.

Better than a door bell a dog is, and you know that when a dog isn't barking, you have nothing to worry about in terms of intruders!!!

The dogs are nice and friendly (one of them is a retired Therapet), but hey, other people do not know that!

Of course, there might be a hedgehog in the garden or the people with the 4 Akitas (they show them at Crufts) who live up the road might just have walked past the gate, and the dogs are barking, but hey, this is a small price to pay for security and piece of mind.

Whenever the dogs are away, I don't ever feel entirely safe.
Show me any Cat that could fill me with the same confidence!

People who do not have dogs or hate dogs are the losers IMHO, seriously! Even just in terms of going out on walks, meeting people and seeing things or going places you simply wouldn't normally, there is a certain richness to it all that you don't get otherwise!

Bman

Guru
You havnt met my cat! :laugh:

He hates visitors and is terrified of them. Anyone walks up the path to our house, and hes ready to leg it. All the signal anyone needs and nice and quiet too (untill I forget to feed him! :rofl:).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I must admit that the last time I saw a cat I was scratched to B*****y from about 50 yards away in one bit effortless, zen like movement that would have made the creators of 'The Matrix' proud. :laugh:

That said, when we first got Bruno, our first dog, my Dad had the great (and side - splittingly hillarious) idea of putting a

'Be aware of the dog'

sign on the gate, as all you will get is an old crossbreed doddering about.

You have no idea how many people say

'It says beware of the dog on the gate'.

Thing is, these are delivery people who have to read to do their job, which makes you wonder how anything is ever delivered at all!! :rofl::wacko:

If I had my way, I'd take that stupid sign off the gate and throw it into the nearest Volcano.

on the road

Über Member
Mad Doug Biker said:
I live in a relatively good area, but yes, I agree with you!

In terms of security and the piece of mind which is derived from it, I'd rather have a dog than not.

Better than a door bell a dog is, and you know that when a dog isn't barking, you have nothing to worry about in terms of intruders!!!

The dogs are nice and friendly (one of them is a retired Therapet), but hey, other people do not know that!

Of course, there might be a hedgehog in the garden or the people with the 4 Akitas (they show them at Crufts) who live up the road might just have walked past the gate, and the dogs are barking, but hey, this is a small price to pay for security and piece of mind.

Whenever the dogs are away, I don't ever feel entirely safe.
Show me any Cat that could fill me with the same confidence!

People who do not have dogs or hate dogs are the losers IMHO, seriously! Even just in terms of going out on walks, meeting people and seeing things or going places you simply wouldn't normally, there is a certain richness to it all that you don't get otherwise!

+1 :rofl:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The words 'good area' and 'Dumbarton' are a contradiction, yes, I'll agree! :rofl:

Just 'cos we have dogs, doesn't mean we are in bandit country (although Bellsmyre is up the road, so ....maybe we are on the way to it at any rate!).

To be fair, (touch wood) we don't really have many problems at all, even if there is a rough(ish) area less than a mile up the road (well, ok, on the other side of the A82 so the trouble tends to be contained on their side).

About the worst thing we have are the odd drunk peeps staggering up the road at night, but enough about me!

Brahan

Über Member
They never have tax or insurance for 'their' cars.

Their kids have rotten teeth and constantly spill foul language from their mouths.

They love, 'not taking shoot from no one.' and kicking up a stink 'coz the jobseekers allowance hasn't come froo.'

They are experts at passing their low self worth onto their unsuspecting kids who are set to join them on such an enjoyable, openminded, hardworking and socially responsible lifestyle.

But nothing is their fault.....

Top bunch I say.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Snorri, before we had dogs, I felt perfectly safe in my home, but now, after seeing what dogs do, you begin to realise just how good they are. You quite literally don't know what you are lacking until you become aware of the disparity.

It's got nothing to do with fears about security, the dog is just an extra pair of eyes and ultra sensitive ears, and I guess you come to rely on them to alert you to things passing the house, that's all. They can hear (and smell) things you can't, remember.

When they aren't there, boy do you notice it!!

You obviously have never had dogs as otherwise you will know what I mean - once you have them, you will never look back!
We have a burglar alarm, etc etc, but a dog is just that extra bit on the top.

A dog will fill up a space in your heart that is quite inordinate to the physical space they take up. A burglar alarm wont do any of these things, seeing it's just a box on the wall.

Top Bottom