Has anyone as an adult shoplifted??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I accidentally pinched a a bottle of Scotch from Asda, using the self service thing. I'm really not sure how it happened because when I unpacked the shopping, the security tag thing was still on the top so I'm surprised it let me carry on and pay without the staff intervention. :wahhey:

Dan B

Disengaged member
numbnuts said:
Many years ago I worked part time for a security company and M&S kept on having ladies pants go missing, yes you guessed it, it was the security guard on the night shift and no it wasn't me
Can't remember where I read it, but ISTR that knicker nicking is endemic at M&S and suchlike places because the shyer type of transvestite is simply too embarrassed to take their purchases to the till

I notice they now have self-scanning machines in some branches, and I wonder if this has had any effect on the problem

bonk man

You lot are just so law abiding:smile:

I am a master crim compared to these bungling burglars.

When my daughter was very young and I was earning less than minimum wage and there was no help from Thatchers regime, I was pinching nappies from a well known retailer and food from a well known retailer that is no longer in business .. [ not , I hope, my fault ]

I wouldn't do it now as I am not starving and my daughter is out of nappies [ nearly finished college ] :biggrin:

As for hobby shop lifting like some of my acquaintances used to indulge in as teenagers I wasn't interested.

I did however wind up the security guard in Woolies who was following me around [ not for the first time .... :smile: ] when I had gone in to buy something. I went round filling my pockets with cassette tapes, loads of them, walked round the shop for half an hour then put them back, ha ha she didn't know whether they all went back but didn't tackle me, probably realised I was winding her up. Stopped her doing it again, she pointedly ignored me next time I went in. :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
No, I'm a good girl. I even told the cashier she had given me £20 extra cashback once. How many people would have thought that was great and just walked out? I'm sure she would have got into trouble as they have to balance the tills afterwards and her till would have been down.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I normally hang my panniers on the insides of the trolley as I wander about the supermarket. At the checkout, I've often missed small items that have been hidden underneath the panniers. So far I've always spotted everything before paying but once, I did get back to the bike with a tin of shaving foam lurking there in the trolley unpaid for. Sad git that I am I went back in and paid for it. Dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but I do find I attract more interest from store security guards when I have my panniers in the trolley- lots of nice pockets and hidey holes I guess!

Weegie

A few years back, I was standing in the queue at the local papershop. A young mum came in with her little boy (about 2 years of age) riding on a plastic tractor/trailer. While mum was in the queue, the little entrepreneur reversed very professionally up to the pick & mix display, filled his trailer with a fine selection of sweeties, closed the trailer, and set off a happy lad. Mum was oblivious, and AFAIK he got away with the crime as I didn't have the heart to grass him up :smile:

OK, not about me shoplifting as an adult, but a fun story nevertheless :biggrin:

chap

Veteran
I have not piched anything as an adult, although I have been sorely tempted at times (when there is a lone apathetic checkout assistant surrounded by several empty checkouts and many more customers) to just leave the money at the desk and leave.

Normally, I grit my teeth though, the other times I just put the purchases back and leave the store.

Maz

Guru
Weegie said:
A few years back, I was standing in the queue at the local papershop. A young mum came in with her little boy (about 2 years of age) riding on a plastic tractor/trailer. While mum was in the queue, the little entrepreneur reversed very professionally up to the pick & mix display, filled his trailer with a fine selection of sweeties, closed the trailer, and set off a happy lad. Mum was oblivious, and AFAIK he got away with the crime as I didn't have the heart to grass him up :smile:

OK, not about me shoplifting as an adult, but a fun story nevertheless :laugh:
Oh yeah, I read about that "entrepeneur" in the paper recently.
He's done well for himself, by all accounts.
JCB Used To Ram Raid Garage And Steal Cash Machine
CASH machine raiders struck again early this morning at the BP Garage in Barkston. They used a JCB to ram through the wall of the garage before loading the cash machine on the back of a pick-up truck at around 3am.

bobg

Über Member
My daughters partner who was with their 2 year old son was stopped outside M&S and accused of theft. It turned out that the little lad had liberated a pair of rather fetching pair of size 10 pink knickers and they were in his buggy.:smile:

I told him I only wanted 14's.......

Top Bottom