Has anyone as an adult shoplifted??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thomas said:
I still pinch a few grapes when walking around...does that count as shoplifting? :smile:

Thieving GIT! I'm tellin'................................:ohmy:

tyred

Legendary Member
As a child in a supermarket with my mum, I used to keep lifting things of the shelves and placing them in the trolley without my mum noticing. She was never very happy when we came to the checkout with a load of stuff she had no idea was in the trolley.

siadwell

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
I once helped to restrain a shoplifter who was nicking transistor radios from a toy shop. The elderly woman cashier had spotted him and was pulling radios out of his very large coat pockets. He was pushing her around and acting up so I grabbed his arms and held him. Then his mate turned up, having gone back to unload his pockets.... as they left the first one threw a punch at me, which I dodged but his knuckle connected with a very weak crown I had and knocked it out (did me a favour really because the tooth was rotting and tasting awful). Police came and we searched the nearby shops for them but no sign. Shop owner gave me a fiver.

I have also been a good citizen and helped restrain a shoplifter, but it was nowhere near as dramatic.

I was waiting outside a supermarkt when what looked like a three person punch-up became obvious it was two store detectives trying to hold on to a man who had lifted several bottles of spirits. He had jumped over the railings at the side of the road and was just slipping out of his jacket which was the only thing the detectives had hold of when I went over and grabbed him by his trouser belt. He stopped struggling after that. Store detectives didn't even say thanks.

thomas

the tank engine
milo said:
Teaspoon from a cafe not that long ago i'm afraid to say. Only 1 mind got fed up of judgeing sugar with a tablespoon.

ohh, plenty of pint and wine glasses from the UNI bar I'm afraid...but they're soo convenient! :smile:

God, I really am a dirty thief!

HobbesChoice said:
Quality control! :biggrin:

Gotta check every single one though :smile:

I once picked up a 10 kg sack of potatoes from Booths. When I got to the check out the cashier said to leave them in the trolley she would lean over with the hand scanner, she scanned every thing else I bought but forgot the spuds.

Stephenite

Membå
How does that go?

"...You have the right to remain silent. Anything you choose to say may be used against you in a court of law.."
:smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Nope.
I even remind check out if they have missed something.

I have also helped chase down a thief. I saw someone run past followed by a uniformed chap so I gave chase and brought the bugger down. Turned out he had been nicking car stereos and was was chased by the security guard. I held the thief on the ground with his face in the pissy roots of a tree in a town centre until the Police came.

User3094 said:
I forgot to pay for about 40 quids of shopping in a self service till at Tescos a while back.

I phoned and asked and they said just to pop in sometime and settle up...

I didnt :smile:

How did you do that, I'm puzzled. And go and pay, putting up my shopping bills, git.

Sign: "Please check your change as mistakes cannot be rectified afterwards"

Went back into shop. "Are you sure you can't rectify mistakes?"
"Yes"
"Well, ok then." Give a big grin and walk off whistling.

User3094 said:
Swipe all your suff, put it in carrier bags, pick them up, go home....

Simples :smile:

So the next poor bugger, gets all your shopping on their first swipe. Maybe you don't need to pay, someone's already paid. I think you found a flaw in the system Smeggers.

Top Bottom