Has anyone bought BB tools off Burton Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good Morning,

As it is Sunday I can't ask them.:smile:

I was about to buy some BB tools and got to the checkout and saw something weird.

On the left of the screen the price £25 was and on the right it was up to £38.

Has anyone bought of Burtons and understands what is going on?

1685870407783.png

Thanks

Bye

Ian

D

Deleted member 1258

Good Morning,

As it is Sunday I can't ask them.:smile:

I was about to buy some BB tools and got to the checkout and saw something weird.

On the left of the screen the price £25 was and on the right it was up to £38.

Has anyone bought of Burtons and understands what is going on?

View attachment 692957
Thanks

Bye

Ian

It looks like the goods come to £25.18 but you authorise up to £38 to cover extra costs like shipping and tax, you'll probable find out the total charge on the next page.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Maybe the goods are shipped from another country direct to the customer and they want to recover that cost? Bit weird. Or could be dependent on what delivery method you choose.
You could save yourself about twenty quid and make those tools yourself :smile:

Last edited:
Good afternoon

Thanks for the thoughts.

I was reluctant to go to the next page as the way that I read the site, that page is the Thank You for your order one so too late to change your mind. :smile:

What flagged up concerns is that the first page says Burton Bikes bearing tools are designed and manufactured in Staffordshire, UK, and sold directly to the public. So I started to wonder why there was all this other stuff.

Anyway I had a PM here saying trust the guy; So I pressed the Continue button and there was indeed a confirmation screen.:blush:

I think that the confusion may have come because the order screen seems quite tied to a third party process, maybe an ebay store. As after approving payment I was offered the free slow (2nd class) delivery and faster and more expensive options that would have brought the total up to £37 and some pennies, rounding that up to £38 makes sense to me.

I just haven't seen online ordering work this way before.

What attracted me to the it was that it had press tools made to fit the specific bearing,
1685884808255.png

Park at normal Park prices (£60-£70 )offer this
1685884707663.png

which has flat surfaces, if I made something at home this is what I would end up with.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom