Has anyone bought from Bike-Discount.de?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Has anyone dealt with their customer service? Their prices and delivery have always been great, but I recently ordered some bb7 disc brakes, 1st set came with various mounts nicely packaged in the Avid box, 2nd set came in a bag with just the rotor, caliper and 1 mount which doesnt fit. I emailed them 3 days ago and they haven't replied yet, infact Ive already ordered the mount I need and taken delivery of it from CRC because im impatient :smile:

It's really only the lack of reply that bothers me, if it were a bigger issue.

Also, if you read their FAQ, the cheaper DPD delivery is faster, DHL is slower but you pay extra because they deliver on Saturdays. :rolleyes:

Cycloslalomeur

For inter-EU orders VAT must be paid at source, at the current rate in that country, and no additional VAT/duties etc can be levied. Equally no VAT refunds even of your local VAT rate is lower than the source.

As I understand it EU rules stipulate that distance sellers must register for VAT in the target country if sales in that country exceed 35,000 or 100,000 euros a year, with member states having the power to pick between the two thresholds.

Bike-discount are fab.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Impatient person :rolleyes: usually the Germans are very efficient (I'm half German, he he!) have you checked your junk email folder?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Impatient person :rolleyes: usually the Germans are very efficient (I'm half German, he he!) have you checked your junk email folder?
Does that make you 50% efficient? :giggle:

I've checked, all I've had is the automated response saying theyd got my email and they should reply in 2 days, but its been 4 now. Not a negative review though, ill mail them again soon and see how it goes. :smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
They replied today, after about 10 days and I'm not sure what to make of it tbh. They said the description says only one adapter and I was lucky the first one came with a selection, but the contents is only on the german description page and missing from the English "Lieferumfang: Bremse inkl. Adapter IS2000 und G2 CleanSweep Bremsscheibe, Montagematerial" and for the one adapter it did come with doesnt state which size you get and doesnt seem to be the default size according to various forums and CRC (180mm front disc shipped with 40mm mount - needed 20mm). I replied again about the website as I cba arguing about the mount, to which they replied in just 45mins and said thanks and they'd update the site.

At least my impatience of immediately ordering the right mount with CRC saved me waiting around 2 weeks :rolleyes: Id still use and recommend bike-discount.de, theyve saved me plenty of money, or caused me to spend it... im unsure which!

XCplodder

I have observed a lot of comments on the cycling forums about the poor after sales service of this retailer. My experiences have been very disappointing and people need to be aware of the risk they take. I bought a new top of the range Radon Black Sin XC race MTB from them, which appeared to have a very good spec, but clearly corners where cut on the frame manufacture. It cracked and failed after 4 days of normal riding, and the company are adamant it is my fault and they will not do a warranty replacement. In future I will spend a little more to get quality products from reputable brands.
When something appears to be too good to be true, it usually is!

I have observed a lot of comments on the cycling forums about the poor after sales service of this retailer. My experiences have been very disappointing and people need to be aware of the risk they take. I bought a new top of the range Radon Black Sin XC race MTB from them, which appeared to have a very good spec, but clearly corners where cut on the frame manufacture. It cracked and failed after 4 days of normal riding, and the company are adamant it is my fault and they will not do a warranty replacement. In future I will spend a little more to get quality products from reputable brands.

Perhaps, just for clarification, you should post the picture that has all the crash damage scratches next to the break...

wintergreen

I have bought from Bike-Discount.de a couple of times and made big savings on what the items would have cost me from UK retailers.
Smooth transactions and very quick delivery. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

uclown2002

Guru
I have bought from Bike-Discount.de a couple of times and made big savings on what the items would have cost me from UK retailers.
Smooth transactions and very quick delivery. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
+1

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
That's very useful to know
+1
I used Bike-Discount a year or so ago for a cassette and a computer and if IRC they were very quick - no problems. Recently I have bought stuff from Bike24 as their prices even with delivery have been unbeatable, and very fast delivery from Germany. Don't know whether Wiggle would price match them - don't see why not - but Wiggle didn't stock the items I wanted recently anyway.

Jody

Stubborn git

As others have said, got any decent pictures of the scrapes/gouges where the snap is located? You seem to be forum hoping and posting the same drivel.

For reference this is the picture posted elsewhere that he seems reluctant to repost.

file.php

Leodis

Veteran
Brought back from the darkness.. Just ordered a Gabba long sleeve from them for £97 inc two free Castelli water bottles, this is my first order with them as well.. Tad nervous due to such a good price but if all goes well a cracking deal.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Used bike discount.de a few months back for some Sportful No Rain bib tights & Sportful snood thingys & saved a bit over U.K prices.

Mine took a while to arrive but was due to a Royal Mail balls up.

If concerned about none delivery or lost items etc, there is a facility to insure against this & other situations on the page under Trusted Shops.
Cost me approx £2 but was worth piece of mind as it was a 1st time order from them.

Would definitely use them again.

Top Bottom