Has anyone bought from Bike-Discount.de?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought some wheels from them and had no problems at all. The price of the goods and delivery were exactly as stated, and there were no VAT or import charges. They turned up in five days, well packaged. German retailers are pretty efficient.

mustang1

Guru
Is there someone from HSBC who can help here?

D

Deleted member 26715

News to me but I have paid VAT in Germany:-
We sell a product on most of the countries in Europe I'm sure the customers are charged the vat rate of the country they live in, although it's all collected in the UK. It might just be that DE tax is the same as UK

D

Deleted member 26715

I heard its only electrical items this change apply too, not heard anything on bike sales on people been charged 20% by Customs. I just ordered a Rose and no one who has ordered one this year has had to pay VAT again on entry.

Just as I thought:- http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/Global/Publication_pdf/VAT-changes-in-2015.pdf
You may well be correct it's not my area in the business I just know there was some Dev time put aside to get the change put into the system before Christmas. We're in Telecoms so it seems about right

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I continue to use them for just about everything after having had a good laugh at the prices the online retailers sell stuff for here on Treasure Island.

The only pfaff is the lever swappage needed on hydraulic disc brakes.

bpsmith

Veteran
I think it pays to shop around. I have just searched on their site, for a few items that I shopped around for in the UK recently, and I had them cheaper before shipping is even added.

I had my Bianchi from their German supplier, so not worried about importing, but price has to be the motivating factor and there is always a deal to be found here too.

Top Bottom