Has anyone ever bought 3 cucumbers at once?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cucumber in an omelette*? You are a right wrong un. :laugh:

*the celery could be questionable too

Celery is always questionable: a salad that costs more calories than it produces and leaves you feeling like you deserve a refund.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
They have a trolley with seven full crates of lettuce, or half filled with nothing but frozen broccoli... they tend to stand out from the normal domestic shopper. Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Last Friday in Aldi a customer in front of me had a trolley with only packets of green beans. Checkout operator call a manager who took him aside for a chat as he left checkout.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Celery is always questionable: a salad that costs more calories than it produces and leaves you feeling like you deserve a refund.
I made a huge salad for my niece's engagement party. It included celery. A woman came up to me and sighed, saying that it looked lovely, but she couldn't touch it because of the celery in it. I laughed and suggested that if she didn't like celery, just pick out the pieces of celery and eat the rest...

She said that it wasn't a case of not liking, more a case of not getting ill or dying - she had a severe celery allergy. I had never heard of that before. I must have had a WTF!!! look on my face because she then whipped out her epi-pen and waved it at me. I searched for 'celery allergy' afterwards - yes, it is a real problem for some people!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I searched for 'celery allergy' afterwards - yes, it is a real problem for some people!
Yes, celery is one of the 14 allergens that must be declared in UK food standards law.

Last Friday in Aldi a customer in front of me had a trolley with only packets of green beans. Checkout operator call a manager who took him aside for a chat as he left checkout.
While I broadly agree with limiting supermarket purchases to business users - I say broadly, because sometimes the business is so small that they can't use up a wholesaler's box of lettuce before it spoils - sometimes groups other than households need to buy cheap.
Homes for the elderly or for young people, soup kitchens, community food groups or similar.
Our local food bank needs to buy supermarket items when there are not enough donations of those items.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don't have a willy :crazy:

Were they out of stock at Aldi? I think they had a BOGOFF offer going?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
In Tesco Favell centre, yesterday, the shelves were full to overflowing with every kind of salad stuff..!

And the only rack almost empty in the fruit & Berry aisle were bananas 🍌

Top Bottom