has anyone ever made a video of them cycling around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
If you're looking for subs I suppose it's one way to do it, good luck.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cannot see any benfit of someone filming me riding my bike.

I have enjoyed other peoples video of places they have visited. But it mainly concentrates on scenery and not themselves.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I really can't see the point to that I am afraid. I would rather see photos or videos of the places and things that people see rather than looking at the back of the person cycling.

But whatever floats your boat as they say.

Globalti

Legendary Member
BBC4 have done a series of 2 hour videos of journeys, no music, no commentary, just amazing views. There was one of a canal trip, which I didn't enjoy, but I actually watched quite a lot of a trek through the Arctic by a group of Sami with reindeer sledges, which was good for the complete silence apart from the thudding of hooves on packed snow, the long Arctic dusk and lack of talk amongst the reindeer herders who were completely at ease with each other and the environment of the tundra.

I don't think somebody else's bike ride would have the same mesmerising effect!

nickAKA

Über Member
Lol I've not done it for that at all! Thought it's a fun way to video where I have been on my travels xx
If I'm misreading your intentions, sincere apologies.
We live in cynical times, so call me a hackneyed old cynic if you must but videos of an attractive young lady being filmed cycling round in garb unsuited to the task at hand set my super-sensitive spidey senses* a-tingling...

*not a metaphor for 'something else' :laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If I'm misreading your intentions, sincere apologies.
We live in cynical times, so call me a hackneyed old cynic if you must but videos of an attractive young lady being filmed cycling round in garb unsuited to the task at hand set my super-sensitive spidey senses* a-tingling...

*not a metaphor for 'something else' :laugh:

Steady on Nick, she's dressed fine for a cycle path trundle around town in good weather.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thats the longest ive watched a you tube vid on here :laugh: I was a bit disappointed that you didn't shout out car number plates or say " Woooo that was close " every time you saw a car .

Slick

Guru
I record my own rides all the time, some times for safety and sometimes just to upload to YouTube as a way of storing selected rides that might be a bit different for whatever reason. The videos will be pretty boring for most but if you fancy a preview of what it's like to cycle round Arran, let me know. :thumbsup:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I always see you tube videos as the equivalent of being invited to sit down and look through a slide show or photo album of someone's holiday. They are rarely of interest to anyone other than the one who took the photos. They are dull to everyone else. Familys have endured such things for generations.

So unless a video is about a particular scenic area or ride I'm interested in riding in, it's unlikely to interest me. Again, like others, I am interested in seeing the scenery, not the rider. Unless they are speaking to the camera about something that is of interest.

So if you are going to do videos then have a think about the content and why it will be of interest to strangers.

Last edited:

rualexander

Legendary Member
Nice video, I cycled over Sydney Harbour Bridge in 1993, I have no recollection of the steps which is odd as I would have had to negotiate them with a fully loaded touring bike. I didn't remember the fencing with barbed wire either and looking back to my photo I took on the bridge, there was no fence on the roadway side of the cyclepath, only on the parapet side.

1093-09-01.jpeg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Very few home videos are any good, the camera wobbles around and many are shot in portrait by idiots.

Top Bottom