Has anyone noticed........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
Yenners started a thread about some karaoke singer with a penchant for premiership footballers, and stated a few facts and opinions about her looks.

I, being a little peeved that it happened, and knowing User482 and the clawed are usually to be found in P&L, started this to discuss the recent influx of P&L regulars in the Cafe.

Nice summary CP.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
ComedyPilot said:
Aah, I see what you mean by hypocrisy

Chuffy said:
No, you've lost me. What on Earth are you on about? :biggrin:

The clawed said he thought threads like the Cole thread should be in a misogynist bin, and that he agreed people commenting about Cole's looks should post their own pics.

I happened to find a post in P&L where the clawed comments about Cole in a negative manner, and thought that was hypocritical.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
The clawed said he thought threads like the Cole thread should be in a misogynist bin, and that he agreed people commenting about Cole's looks should post their own pics.

I happened to find a post in P&L where the clawed comments about Cole in a negative manner, and thought that was hypocritical.

I was always under the impression theClaud had lady bits?

Or have I just insulted a man with a very feminine way of writing? if so... I am sorry.

Danny

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
An increasing tendency of P&L regulars and their cronies coming into the cafe, and trying to 'Lord' it over everyone?
CP, you've hardly been a shrinking violet when you've ventured into P&L to share your views on a wide range of topics.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Danny said:
CP, you've hardly been a shrinking violet when you've ventured into P&L to share your views on a wide range of topics.

No, but I appreciate other people's views. Totally dismissng people and calling them tool and misogynist is out of order.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Precisely, personally insulting people because they disagree with your viewpoint is for the playground (or P&L) and was the main arguement for the wrist slapping/banning of some CC'ers.

Doing it with thesaurus.com open does not excuse the fact its wrong and does not make for friendly chat.

Danny

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
No, but I appreciate other people's views. Totally dismissng people and calling them tool and misogynist is out of order.
I ignored the Cheryl Cole thread before, largely because I could guess what tone a thread started by Yenrod about women would take.

Having now quickly skimmed through I'd agree that some of User482's language was not very constructive. However the other posters on the thread could hardly claim to have been respectful of User482's views either.

Some may have seen the OP to the Cheryl Crow threat as just light hearted banter, but there are many people here who find it deeply offensive to talk about women like that, and they are entitled to make their views known.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Danny said:
I ignored the Cheryl Crow thread before, largely because I could guess what tone a thread started by Yenrod about women would take.

Having now quickly skimmed through I'd agree that some of User482's language was not very constructive. However the other posters on the thread could hardly claim to have been respectful of User482's views either.

Some may have seen the OP to the Cheryl Crow threat as just light hearted banter, but there are many people here who find it deeply offensive to talk about women like that, and they are entitled to make their views known.

I thought it was Cheryl Cole????

Never read the Crow thread (that I can remember)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
I thought it was Cheryl Cole????

Never read the Crow thread (that I can remember)

You should have! now that thread got nasty!

Personally I thought "every day is a winding road" is not bad! :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
So if someone does not like a thread, and the viewpoints it contains towards someone/something, and that someone thinks it is offensive, then it is ok for that someone to be extremely offensive towards that person for the views they hold?

Give me time to work out how to explain where you are going wrong, using words of one syllable whereever possible.

jonesy

Guru
Wigsie said:
User482 got slagged off? :biggrin::laugh::ohmy:

He was the first (and only one) to revert to name calling. is that what goes on in P&L these days?

Er, no: the first person to have a go at another poster was your good self:

Would that be next to the wheelie bin that you, your thesaurus and your extreme political correctness should be in?

Its a lighthearted thread... wooosaaa

So it's OK for you to accuse User482 of 'extreme political correctness', make a snidy little dig about him using a thesaurus, and then say all innocently Oh, but it's all lighthearted! and then complain when User482 responds rather tetchily...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Speicher said:
And then people tried to make it relevant to cycling by mentionning her relationship with Lance Armstrong. :biggrin:

And then they had the cheek to say that his cameo in dodgeball was not awesome!

Cheeky B*stards!

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
jonesy said:
So it's OK for you to accuse User482 of 'extreme political correctness', make a snidy little dig about him using a thesaurus, and then say all innocently Oh, but it's all lighthearted! and then complain when User482 responds rather tetchily...

I thought that was to the clauwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom