Has anyone noticed........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
An increasing tendency of P&L regulars and their cronies coming into the cafe, and trying to 'Lord' it over everyone?

Tick, tick, tick.......................................................boom

:biggrin:

Seriously, you are welcome. Just don't think people 'have' to share your opinion.

Besides, life's too short to spend your time on Wikipedia looking up obscure words to post in order to look intellig......intellel.....clever.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I have nailed my colours to the mast, are they BIG enough to come out and name themselves?

jonesy

Guru
I've noticed that User482 got slagged off for expressing his opinion, by plenty of others who didn't exactly hold back from expressing theirs...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
I have nailed my colours to the mast, are they BIG enough to come out and name themselves?

If you don't mind I shall stand by your side I agree!

Although am sure this thread will be moved or locked pretty swiftly!

Friends in high places and all that! ;):ohmy::ohmy:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
jonesy said:
I've noticed that User482 got slagged off for expressing his opinion, by plenty of others who didn't exactly hold back from expressing theirs...

User482 got slagged off? ;):laugh:;)

He was the first (and only one) to revert to name calling. is that what goes on in P&L these days?

From my pont of view there's an increasing number of unsavoury threads in cafe, masquarading as a 'bit of fun' or 'just a joke'. When people have the temerity to challenge that view, they are roundly condemned as PC (whatever that is) or now told to mind their own business. I think a few of you need to step back a bit and re-read the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

Edit: Oh I forgot. We don't have to read them either do we.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Crackle said:
From my pont of view there's an increasing number of unsavoury threads in cafe, masquarading as a 'bit of fun' or 'just a joke'. When people have the temerity to challenge that view, they are roundly condemned as PC (whatever that is) or now told to mind their own business. I think a few of you need to step back a bit and re-read the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

Edit: Oh I forgot. We don't have to read them either do we.

as far as I'm concerned Leona Lewis is musically uninteresting, but Cheryl Cole makes her look like Billie Holiday.
Aah, I see what you mean by hypocrisy

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Chuffy said:
<sigh>
Ok, could anyone else offer a sensible explanation?

Yenners started a thread about some karaoke singer with a penchant for premiership footballers, and stated a few facts and opinions about her looks.

Wigsie replied with his opinion.

I replied stating how I thought looks were unimportant, and personality was a better indicator.

User482 came on saying she was better looking than anyone posting complaints about her, then the clawed (without an opinion of his own) agreed with User482 and said threads like that should be in a mysogynistic wheelie-bin.

Wigsie told the clawed that would be next to the bin containing his extreme political correctness and thesaurus.

User482 then said what IF the OP had been overtly racist, and later that he thought the OP was a nasty character assasination.

It was pointed out to User482 the OP was not about racism, and not to turn the thread into a P&L diatribe.

Somewhere in there User482 called Wigsie a tool.

After that it went to 101.

I, being a little peeved that it happened, and knowing User482 and the clawed are usually to be found in P&L, started this to discuss the recent influx of P&L regulars in the Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom