1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Cycle Chat been a bit flat recently

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Crackle, 18 Apr 2008.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Or is it just my imagination. Normally CC thrives on the smalltalk of Cafe but threads seem to be largely......................threadbare of replies.

There's a dearth of topic originality and discussion. Beginners has ceased to begin and Technical is unchallenged. Touring is held up by BTFB and Cathryn, Audax is asleep and Soapbox is busy chasing its own tail.

Is it the time of year perhaps; a lull, or should we cast our net wider as Shaun suggested a while back in the donations thread. New blood.

2. Milo

Milo Veteran

Splitter!

3. Renard

Renard Guest

Naw! Hiv ye bin oot tae thi pub?...

...or you might have composed your title a bit better! ;)

4. Renard

Renard Guest

Is there any pubs in Ardnamurchan?

I've a pal who goes to Sanna a lot so nae fibbin! ;)

5. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

It's almost been livelier than I can cope with recently....

Not sure really, I don't go into the other bits very much so I can't really comment. Cafe seems fairly lively, but that may be down to the regulars keeping things tick:ing over. The huddled masses from ACF seem to have passed on, like migrating birds heading for the promised land YACF. Which is a bit of a pity, I would have liked to have seen more of them. Fresh blood is always good though.

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Aye, there is. 'Cos I've been in it!

7. Renard

Renard Guest

Is it any good?

8. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

No.

9. Renard

Renard Guest

What?, the whole peninsula?

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

I blame the death of climate change.

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

It was in a hotel, I had cycled 250km in the pissing rain and they had stopped serving food :rolleyes: (but I did persuade them to sell me a bowl of soup and about a loaf of bread.)

I have no idea whether it is any good - but it had a large puddle in the middle after I left. ;)

12. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I was trying to be kind ;)

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I think a lot of the small talk and new topics are now being absorbed in the Tea thread and they are more difficult to find because of the high volume of posts this 'consumes'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Sanna or Senna? Probably Senna, which is apparently a beautiful sandy bay. I say apparently because, though I've been past it, I've not been to it. As the van driver who I saw the other day said. " That road would bring tears to a glass eye." He's not wrong.

There are many pubs. Well, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, yep 7, 4 of which are possible to do in a one way 22 mile bike ride, Any takers?

What's wrong with the title then wolfman?

15. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Don't be so knocking of the tea thread! What you need is a delicious cup of freshest tea..