Has Cycle Chat been a bit flat recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Abitrary said:
Don't be so knocking of the tea thread! What you need is a delicious cup of freshest tea..

Just finished my first morning 'cuppa' but will take your advice and go for a second one right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Noodley said:
It was in a hotel, I had cycled 250km in the pissing rain and they had stopped serving food :rolleyes: (but I did persuade them to sell me a bowl of soup and about a loaf of bread.)

I have no idea whether it is any good - but it had a large puddle in the middle after I left. ;)

Was it the one in A? If so you're lucky they'd stopped. You could've been killed. I'm still chewing the meal I had last year. Likewise for the first one in Strontian. The Ben View in Strontian is OK and the pub in Salen serves excellent food. Don't know about Ardgour and Kilchoan, though there's a good caff in the community centre at Kilchoan.

bonj2

Keith Oates said:
I think a lot of the small talk and new topics are now being absorbed in the Tea thread and they are more difficult to find because of the high volume of posts this 'consumes'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good reason to ban the tea thread!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Renard said:
Sanna bay I believe is the place.

You are right, I sit corrected, Sanna Bay, on the way to furthest westerly point on the mainland with one of the few lighthouses you can still go and have a look around and a nice little caff. Bit of a grind there on the bike though.

Noodley

Crackle said:
Not been there so don't know, though I know they had to redo the kitchen as the heating flue was venting into the kitchen :rolleyes:

What were you doing down there, that must've been a there and back journey, because there's no way out but the ferry from there.

OK, my mistake, it must have been the rain :sad: I have just checked my route sheet and it WAS the one we stopped at for soup, and the place we stopped for coke and crisps was Lochailort. We did not go to the one I put a link to ;)

The best place we stopped was the bunk house just north of Onich - we got 5 hours sleep before setting off again :biggrin: We are planning on riding the route again this year at some point - I shall warn the others of rampaging horses (and fire engines).

OP
OP
C

Crackle

punkypossum said:
To get back to the original post, I think unfortunately Crackle has a point :wacko:

Well done Punky, I'd quite forgotten what I'd posted. It has though hasn't it. I thought maybe I was imagining it but I'm not. I think CC needs to diversify and encourage more cycling related posts, more about why we do what we do, that would take up the slack a bit. I expect to see lots of pics to accompany your account of the Amsterdam ride.

Noodley

Crackle said:
Well done Punky, I'd quite forgotten what I'd posted. It has though hasn't it. I thought maybe I was imagining it but I'm not. I think CC needs to diversify and encourage more cycling related posts, more about why we do what we do, that would take up the slack a bit. I expect to see lots of pics to accompany your account of the Amsterdam ride.

Being honest and on topic :wacko:, I had been thinking about buggering off for a while as I thought it had become a bit "similar" and had lost a bit of spark. There is not too much cycle related stuff here which interests me - I sometimes commute but I have nothing to moan about so am discounted automatically from "Commuting" :biggrin:; I tend to ride audax events and I would just confuse bonj even further if I posted about audax (and I reckon it would be a one man thread anyway); so I tend to stick to blethering in the cafe. I could speak about kit and stuff I suppose but that seems to have died a bit of late as well...

It's the time of year, last season is drifting into the mists of time, the new season is upon us and sitting in a darkened study next to a bottle of sherry is losing its appeal. We're itching to get out on our bikes. I reckon.

Top Bottom