Has Cycle Chat been a bit flat recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Yes please :wacko:, I've got apple pie.

longers

Legendary Member
I know what folk mean, I've had nothing better to do for ages than come on here.

Still the best place for wasting time among imaginary friends that I've found.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Noodley said:
Being honest and on topic :wacko:, I had been thinking about buggering off for a while as I thought it had become a bit "similar" and had lost a bit of spark. There is not too much cycle related stuff here which interests me - I sometimes commute but I have nothing to moan about so am discounted automatically from "Commuting" :biggrin:; I tend to ride audax events and I would just confuse bonj even further if I posted about audax (and I reckon it would be a one man thread anyway); so I tend to stick to blethering in the cafe. I could speak about kit and stuff I suppose but that seems to have died a bit of late as well...

I intend to bung in some ride reports of my own, to a formula I've thought about, add a couple of kit reports and reviews, of which I'm not quite there yet and generally move my topics on to cycling.

Why? Well, the recent ACF debacle certainly had an effect. One of the things I always liked about ACF was the structure, though I didn't join because of the control philosophy. YACF is better but the structure doesn't quite suit my yacky nature, I like cafe here. I would like people to confine their yacking to cafe and stick a bit more in other areas though, particularly as I know we all do it.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

longers said:
Still the best place for wasting time among imaginary friends that I've found.

Oy! I'm real. Post some of those rides you do as ride reports, you ugly good for nothing Alsation lover you :wacko:

PS. Marley the black labrador pup arrives a week this Saturday. I'm quite excited but don't tell anyone.

longers

Legendary Member
Is there somewhere for posting ride reports that I've missed? :wacko:

Crackle said:
PS. Marley the black labrador pup arrives a week this Saturday. I'm quite excited but don't tell anyone.

Ok, I wont tell anyone if you refrain from posting photo's.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

longers said:
Is there somewhere for posting ride reports that I've missed? :biggrin:

Yeah! So subtle many have not noticed. On my prompt Shaun modded 'Road, Audax and Sportives' to 'Road, Rides, Audax and Sportives' or pretty damn similiar. My suggestion was to head up a ride report with, wait for it, 'Ride Report: blah, blah, blah' So have a go.

longers said:
Ok, I wont tell anyone if you refrain from posting photo's.

errmmm, no deal. :wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Yeah! So subtle many have not noticed. On my prompt Shaun modded 'Road, Audax and Sportives' to 'Road, Rides, Audax and Sportives' or pretty damn similiar. My suggestion was to head up a ride report with, wait for it, 'Ride Report: blah, blah, blah' So have a go.

Great. Not be doing much other than commuterating for the foreseeable but I look forward to reading what other folk have been doing.

Crackle said:
errmmm, no deal. :wacko:

Done :biggrin:.

Noodley

OK, I'm doing an audax on Sunday and a ride tomorrow so I'll post a report on one or both of them - I may even add a few pics. :wacko:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Noodley said:
I tend to ride audax events and I would just confuse bonj even further if I posted about audax (and I reckon it would be a one man thread anyway); so I tend to stick to blethering in the cafe. I could speak about kit and stuff I suppose but that seems to have died a bit of late as well...

I wanted to know how you did in that one where you got up in the middle of the night to do a 4 hour drive before you started to cycle.

Plus I like reading about bits of kit.

Noodley said:
OK, I'm doing an audax on Sunday and a ride tomorrow so I'll post a report on one or both of them - I may even add a few pics. :wacko:

Yes please

I also like reading stuff in Know How... I don't always understand it but bits definately go into my head - when I went to pick up the new bike hubby was suprised that I knew about needing to not pull on the brakes when taking out the wheel (he didn't).

bonj2

It's a bit confusing really, 'cos we've now got one forum called "Road, rides, audax and sportives" and anothe called "Rides, events, clubs, and lift-shares".
So which one does just a bog-standard 'ride' go in?

Why not get rid of audax and fixies and just have a 'Rides' forum. then we could also have a specific 'Mudguards' forum set up to be devoted specifically to convincing Abitrary to ditch his mudguards forever and debates on why mudguards aren't necessary.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
On the other hand, Tea? may well have soaked up posts that wouldn't have gone anywhere on the forum, at all.

There's been a funny but edgy balance of late on the forum as a whole and this has reflected overall.
I also think the unpredictable weather hasn't helped and nor has the doom and horror laden atmosphere of the British media.
Add to this the ACF breakdown, which saw intense and negative feelings being posted on Cafe as well as in Soapbox and we can start to see why things are a tad apathetic.
Those who suffer from depression seem also to be having a tough time at the moment.

I don't see any of this as an indictment on CC or of any particular thread, a forum and it's threads reflect the mood of it's posters, which in the case of Tea? is welcoming, light, friedly and non confrontational.

Apart from maybe pics of Wafflycat's hen house and the 'Great Tea? Meet' with TheDoctor, Arch and myself, there is little discussed on thread that would warrant a new thread. Although I would suggest that if you see something on Tea? that you think might make for a separate thread in it's own right then just pop in and say so.

Top Bottom