Has the loud exhaust fashion died?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There is/or was* a souped up car that I hear often that quite honestly sounds like it's engine is about to drop out the bottom of it, the poor thing sounds bloody AWFUL!!

* - I haven't heard it in a while, coming to think of it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think the trend has died, just gone upmarket. Mustands, some Jags, many Porkers all have switchable butterfly valves in the exhaust to open them up and unleash the racket. Sadly being a moderately affluent area there are many examples of all hereabouts and rush hour traffic passing though can sound like Santa Pod.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Noisy exhausts, pops and bangs are more prevalent than ever in my experience.

The one mentioned 3 posts up doesn't just pop and bang, it rattles quite worryingly. It's quite bizarre sounding really.

In short, it just sounds crap and I'd be embarrassed to be seen travelling in it (so please, PLEASE, get it fixed, Dad! 😆).

Last edited:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Not in Bradford they haven't.
Britain's third noisiest city, or so I've heard (over the almost constant whizz and bang of Lambos, Aston Martins and Ferraris at one end of town and the illegal quads beyond).
Spent a winter working there - at times the soundscape became completely exhausting (yes, I only just realised)
I admit to having liked big-bore two strokes in my yoof - now, all unwarranted noise is pollution.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I wonder how long it will be till the boy racers can afford to get an electric car and start modding them to be even faster off the mark ? bad enough with the rice krispies exhaust playing drag strip wait till they get hold of instant acceleration

Top Bottom