Has your helmet saved your life poll

How has the cycle helmet preformed for you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lay

You writing FACT after a sentence does not make it a fact.

If we want to evaluate a public health intervention we look at the evidence. And the evidence is quite clear that helmets do not have a statistically significant effect at reducing head injuries.

And you still haven't answered why you want to prevent head injuries in cyclists but not in pedestrians.

I does due to the FACT i have impacted the floor and survived via a HELMET - a fantastic design/technological achievement :thumbsup:

You can shove statistics where the sun don't shine - i am a working example - of wearing a helmet and surviving.

lay

I think all he wants to do is get everyone dancing to his tune and he seems to have done that quite successfully.

I have said extensively - im making a point nothing more - i'm arguing the point, which a few here arent comprehending at all. sadly for themselves.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I does due to the FACT i have impacted the floor and survived via a HELMET - a fantastic design/technological achievement :thumbsup:

You can shove statistics where the sun don't shine - i am a working example - of wearing a helmet and surviving.
You survived when you impacted your head as a child when you weren't wearing a helmet, this is the third time I've asked you to explain how you managed such a feat, any chance of an answer?

lay

You survived when you impacted your head as a child when you weren't wearing a helmet, this is the third time I've asked you to explain how you managed such a feat, any chance of an answer?

No, i survived due to my bone structure being a lot more flexible than it is now, this is biological fact TOO !

Dan B

Disengaged member
You writing FACT after a sentence does not make it a fact
WORD

Is this bonj?

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Eh? Indulge me for a second. Let's take an imaginary oversimplified place with a population of 2000. Half of them cycle everywhere (I'm an idealist). None of them wears a helmet. Out of these 1000 cyclists here are 10 head injuries a year, every year for five years. A mandatory helmet law is suddenly introduced. 200 people don't like wearing helmets, so they stop cycling. Suppose that, in the five years following the introduction of the law, there are 8 head injuries each year. What does this tell you?
It tells me that you didnt read my post.

The reports of helmeted riders having more accidents may be borne out by lay's touching but misguided faith in plastic hats, let's hope his over-confidence doesn't result in risk compensation and an accident in which lay is well and truly FACT.

lay

The reports of helmeted riders having more accidents may be borne out by lay's touching but misguided faith in plastic hats, let's hope his over-confidence doesn't result in risk compensation and an accident in which lay is well and truly FACT.

I've been cycling for 25yrs and had 3 crashes...

Thank you Glenn Forger for this touching and personal insinuation - may every degree of hatred be with you :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom