Has your helmet saved your life poll

How has the cycle helmet preformed for you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lay

You have no idea whether the helmet saved your life or not.
Even if it did, that has no bearing on whether overall helmets are significantly effective at reducing head injuries.

As I said earlier, if helmets were as effective as you'd have us believe, we would be able to detect that in the stats. But there is no such evidence.

You, like many in this world will never understand things that are beyond you as per your opinion...

To level yourself in statistics is missing the point - MISSING THE POINT !

Helmets save lives FACT - what bit of that will you lot NOT ACCEPT !

I will keep on till i get bored... LMAO

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Their is NO WAY whatsoever like ive said that all pedestrians would wear helmets - it just wouldnt work, out of redicularity. I see your point, from a hardcore p.o.v. but no.

ANYWAY everyone DRIVES a car nowadays, hardly anyone walks, so....

Next time anyone asks me why I'm not wearing a helmet, I'm going to say, "because of the redicularity of it." Cheers!

lay

Oh come on lay, you're not even trying anymore.

Is this ANOTHER fact you cant understand, that (nearly) EVERYONE DRIVES and some cycle...

Whats the next discussion the fact nearly and some will be debated whats 'higher' in importance, christ....

What next, the chicken or the egg ?

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Injury rates would reduce where there are higher levels of helmet-wearing...
Perhaps they are already reduced by such behaviour and simply not recorded...after all, why would they be

I know of a falls resulting in broken lids that have not been recorded in any survey, my own included.

Rider fell, lid broke, replaced lid, carried on riding.

However, would this have been recorded as an incident by the hospital if i/they were not wearing a lid and scraped our heads and needed stitches...or perhaps worse.

Perhaps i should start another thread. Have you fallen and had to replace your lid and not reported it in any way...versus, have you fallen and ended up in hospital, lid or not.

Could actually be intereting

Licramite

Über Member
Their is NO WAY whatsoever like ive said that all pedestrians would wear helmets - it just wouldnt work, out of redicularity. I see your point, from a hardcore p.o.v. but no.

ANYWAY everyone DRIVES a car nowadays, hardly anyone walks, so....

Actually I'm all for pedestrians wearing helmets as they seam incapable of staying upright, I work on national trust sites and it seams to be
Arrive - get out of car , fall over, walk across car park , fall over, get to the first incline plain or Step - fall over - travel across any fractionally uneven surface , or perfectly flat surface, fall over. stand still - fall over.

homo-sapien should have stayed on all fours , obviously they never learned the trick homo-erectus did.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So Looks are more important than your skull? and why do you think your less likely to crack your skull just pleasure cycling than racing or mountin biking? you come off - or are knocked off - your head will travel roughly the same distance to the ground.

maybe the attitude isn't - its all luck - maybe its "Helmet, flak vest, armoured underwear - if your time is up, your time is up"

Agree with your statement that if your time is up, it's up. And that's the way I live my life and no plastic magic hat is going to help with that one way or the other.

If I crack my head open whilst cycling then so be it. Over my lifetime I've hurt/cracked/injured my head more times falling over drunk after a nice boozy day/night out at football or where ever then by falling off/being knocked off when cycling. Personally I am more worried about a couple of tons of metal crushing my body parts and bones rather then my bonce cracking the tarmac. So should I wear full body armour because of that?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Perhaps they are already reduced by such behaviour and simply not recorded...after all, why would they be

I know of a falls resulting in broken lids that have not been recorded in any survey, my own included.

Rider fell, lid broke, replaced lid, carried on riding.

However, would this have been recorded as an incident by the hospital if i/they were not wearing a lid and scraped our heads and needed stitches...or perhaps worse.

Perhaps i should start another thread. Have you fallen and had to replace your lid and not reported it in any way...versus, have you fallen and ended up in hospital, lid or not.

Could actually be intereting

Eh? Indulge me for a second. Let's take an imaginary oversimplified place with a population of 2000. Half of them cycle everywhere (I'm an idealist). None of them wears a helmet. Out of these 1000 cyclists here are 10 head injuries a year, every year for five years. A mandatory helmet law is suddenly introduced. 200 people don't like wearing helmets, so they stop cycling. Suppose that, in the five years following the introduction of the law, there are 8 head injuries each year. What does this tell you?

lay

Actually I'm all for pedestrians wearing helmets as they seam incapable of staying upright, I work on national trust sites and it seams to be
Arrive - get out of car , fall over, walk across car park , fall over, get to the first incline plain or Step - fall over - travel across any fractionally uneven surface , or perfectly flat surface, fall over. stand still - fall over.

homo-sapien should have stayed on all fours , obviously they never learned the trick homo-erectus did.

Yes, and the reason for this is due to said vehicle usage - cars make people STUPID...the balance mechanism is swayed by vehicle use = equals STUPID PEOPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom