Have I forgotten how to ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Two times now after coming back from my holiday I have made a massive cock-up on a roundabout.

First was yesterday when someone wasnt exactly going slow but they were taking care at going around a roundabout with their signal on. I was approaching and for come reason thought in my head "I have right of way" and cut in front of the guy.
Immediately after, I felt guilty and at the next set of lights, appologised to the guy. He was okay with it.

The second was today as I was behind a car who entered the roundabout, I just didnt look around myself at all. I was concentrating too much on the planes at the Rhyl Airshow. Once again I appologised and explained that I wasnt concentrating and then when I turned around, the traffic had moved off. I muttered to myself "NOT CONCENTRATING!".

I am utterly devastated that I am being this careless and inconsiderate. Why have I forgot all of a sudden? When cycling in France I was taking a lot of care on the roundabouts because the French have a habbit of just darting out and not even touching the brakes.

I need a good slap and to seriously concentrate more.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes you need a good slap :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stop watching the planes. I was there Saturday most of the day, and watched them today from near Ffrith, on the coast (we stopped cycling to watch). Heh heh.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I can relate to that. I was shocked at how bad I was when I came back from a 3 months off due to a broken clavicle.

You chaps who take weeks to lose your ability are amateurs. I am on an altogether higher plane.

I can be crap within ten minutes of my last ride. To be honest, I am crap in the middle and at the end of most rides.

In fact, crap is a level of riding I aspire to.

So if your ability takes a week or two to diminish, don't come whining to me!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Aye, it's normal when you're off the road for a few days Matthew.

Top Bottom