Have I found the most baffling thing on the internet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I mean, obviously not, but the 3yo's new favourite thing to watch are these slime videos and I just can't get my head around them. There are whole channels of them on YouTube and they're just... well, here's an example. It's fourteen minutes long, see how far you get and then see if you can explain it to me.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Kids are weird.

See also people.

Smudge

Veteran
Patience got the better of me and i just fast forwarded to the end to see if there was any big reveal.... which there wasn't.
Although I imagine if i'd smoked some medication, i probably would have watched all of it.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Patience got the better of me and i just fast forwarded to the end to see if there was any big reveal.... which there wasn't.
Although I imagine if i'd smoked some medication, i probably would have watched all of it.
I know. They call themselves 'satisfying slime videos' but they're anything but. I get the appeal of the slime itself but it's the stuff they put in it. It just looks like loads of plastic waste to me, but then they add lipstick, glue, toothpaste, shaving foam...

gbb

Legendary Member
As winjim says, there's a raft of channels devoted to slime, my nearly 3yo granddaughter loves them and given a chance will sit quietly and watch endless ones...'squishy slime balloons grandad ?' As she brings me my tablet :tongue:

Given the amount of channels of it, I guess the makers are looking to do something different. Meh..its not for us, I'm not really bothered what they do.^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
And you're lucky, I didnt hear any voice overs on this one. Some have THE most godawful whiny American voices talking in them, makes my brain jangle.

gbb

Legendary Member
And yet in that disorder, there is regularity. As said, my GD watches avidly, I've often wondered what the attraction is...prime colours feature heavily, probably interesting to a 2-3 yo as they learn colours, and the regularity of an outcome.
The one thing a child likes IME is a known outcome, they seem to find comfort in it. I've known my toddlers to watch a certain films over and over.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I know. They call themselves 'satisfying slime videos' but they're anything but. I get the appeal of the slime itself but it's the stuff they put in it. It just looks like loads of plastic waste to me, but then they add lipstick, glue, toothpaste, shaving foam...

And these'll be the 3 year olds lecturing us oldies on how we destroyed their planet with our wastefulness in a dozen or so years time. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom