Have you battened down your hatches??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No trains will be running here tomorrow. People have been moving their horses Indoors to keep them out of the bad weather as well .
Blinkin eck.....you have horses in your house?

Drago

Legendary Member
I've moved into my XC90 so I should be safe.

Chris S

Legendary Member
There's nothing behind my house for about a quarter of a mile. 60mph winds are predicted so it should be interesting to see what happens.

dodgy

I live on the west coast of Wirral in a fairly exposed area, we get hammered by Atlantic storms often here, it's one of the few downsides of the location. I do think this storm is going to be quite bad, I've lived here for many years and know the neighbours well and we are all prepared as we can be. Example my neighbour has already removed all his garden fence panels and put them in his garage, I've only seen him do that once before about 10 years ago.
If you ride a bike in it, you're an idiot. There's plenty of other days for a bike ride.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Strange (t

Strange (to me anyway) thats its coming from the west but the south east is supposed to get some of the worst of it.

Well the south east is where most of the politicians and journalists are based, isn't it? Remember the rolling 24-hour news coverage the other year when 0.5 mm of snow fell in London, and Fiona Bruce was dispatched to Trafalgar Square to report on the polar bears roaming wild through the capital ?

:whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Strange (t

Strange (to me anyway) thats its coming from the west but the south east is supposed to get some of the worst of it.

It’s a question of when the various pressure systems and fronts combine. But anywhere south of the Humber to a line going across to Cumbria has an amber warning for wind.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We are very much 'inland' but 44 mph wind forecast from 0300 in the morning.
Our house is end of a row in a cul de sac and we get the wind tunnel effect so over the years have spent lots of money on roof repairs plus fence panels.
So..........
What is your forecast for the next few days?
Are you expecting damage?
etc

Yup, all hatches battened.
All battens pinned.

Low tech fixings for roll down polytunnel doors.

Indoor jobs tomorrow methinks :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom