Have you claimed your PPI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t ever recall taking out a PPI so not sure it’s worth it for me?

Only thing I ever recall was trying to reclaim for an endowment that I felt I had been missold when I took out my first mortgage as I felt I had no choice and the the whole endowment market went belly up but I was unsuccessful as I had signed a form that said I understood the risks etc. Etc.

I can’t think of any loans or otherwise where I’ve done the same?

Any thoughts or suggestions as I don’t want to waste my time and would reckon on having to use one of these assistance companies with their high %charge as I have no paperwork or other evidence etc. (In a way a fee still ŵgives me 75p in the £1 that I would never have had!)

Thoughts? Cheers.
If you never paid PPI on a loan or CC, then no you won’t get anything back!

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm in exactly the same situation, I can't ever remember taking it out & I must have had 10+ credit cards in the last 30 years but no idea now who with

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm in exactly the same situation, I can't ever remember taking it out & I must have had 10+ credit cards in the last 30 years but no idea now who with
I did with Natwest and no joy as I’d ticked the box (they keep the paperwork) but I did get a couple of hundred back due to interest on excessive commission or some such!

D

Deleted member 26715

I did with Natwest and no joy as I’d ticked the box (they keep the paperwork) but I did get a couple of hundred back due to interest on excessive commission or some such!
I detest Nat West was with them for 30 years they screwed us out of so many charges over the years especially when the kids were young, exactly when we couldn't afford it. have to put paperwork in to them even if it's only to cost them money to process it.

vickster

Legendary Member
I detest Nat West was with them for 30 years they screwed us out of so many charges over the years especially when the kids were young, exactly when we couldn't afford it. have to put paperwork in to them even if it's only to cost them money to process it.
While I’ve been with them for 30 years and never an issue. Never paid any charges

Brandane

Legendary Member
So no big payouts then?

I suppose it depends on what you call a "big" payout. How much would you expect for shelling out a few quid per month, several years ago? Money that you wouldn't have missed until this mis-selling stuff came to light. These results look good to me......

I got 1600 quid back

I got 2500 back

Got a nice cheque

a couple of grand reclaimed

vickster

Legendary Member

Brandane

Legendary Member
I am in a similar position to @Buck in that I don't remember ever having PPI on any loan (was in a secure job and got full sick pay, so always declined PPI) and I have no historical paperwork; but I DID have a Royal Bank of Scotland "Royalties Gold" or similar account. I am sure I have read that they were something of a con, and people have had compensation on that basis? Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Even if you dont think you are entitled to anything, its worth giving it a go. All that will happen is that you get a letter saying nothing is owed to you. And if you did tick the PP box back then, you may get interest money back.

Buck

Guru
@vickster - that was my thinking but then I was thrown into doubt thinking that everyone was saying claim away. As far as I’m aware I’ve never had any insurance type product for my finances apart from the endowment I mentioned but that was compulsory at the time.

I heard of someone getting over £20k payment but this was because every time they’d taken any financial product they’d taken insurance etc. Which obviously cost them a lot more each month but they got refu d d the cost of the provide to and all of the interest in this payments going back to the first card/loan.

andabby

Über Member
I am in a similar position to @Buck in that I don't remember ever having PPI on any loan (was in a secure job and got full sick pay, so always declined PPI) and I have no historical paperwork; but I DID have a Royal Bank of Scotland "Royalties Gold" or similar account. I am sure I have read that they were something of a con, and people have had compensation on that basis? Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/reclaim-packaged-bank-accounts/ This is where you need to look, i was miss-sold a Royalties Silver from the RBS

Top Bottom