Have you ever had an idol or role model?

Have you ever had an idol or role model?

• Yes

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I am unable to select one of the other options but feel compelled to vote, it's a curse I tell you.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
To be serious for just a moment: theclaud is one of a handful of people who cause me to reflect on why I see things in the way I do, and to modify some long-held opinions as a result of that reflection. Socially, she is an exotherm. I don't mind admitting that she is someone I look up to.
Well, obviously. But we're British, goddammit.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
George Orwell: a huge influence on my political thinking and philosophy of life and morality generally. 40 years after first reading his non-fiction on I find I still have much the same values
I'm sure you'll appreciate this, then, from last weekend's Guardian, which I just came across...

upload_2017-9-22_9-56-30.png

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...m-and-bloody-mindedness-would-be-a-good-start

Globalti

Legendary Member
From the age of about six I went climbing with my Dad and a friend of his who is an extremely well respected (and decorated) architect and a genuinely interesting and charismatic personality. I always admired him a lot and took a lot from him that I thought was worthwhile, especially his honest attitude to life and the built environment. I am glad my son has enjoyed a few years of cycling with me and my grown-up buddies because all three of them are interesting characters and I think it's important for teenage lads to keep company sometimes with older males.

petek

Über Member
Ronnie Ronalde ( The yodelling whistler).
We made our own entertainment back in the 50s and Ronnie led the way.
He was seldom off the Home Service on the wireless.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom