Have you ever had an idol or role model?

Have you ever had an idol or role model?

• Yes

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I am unable to select one of the other options but feel compelled to vote, it's a curse I tell you.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ron-Springett-in-1966.-009.jpg
Ron Springett .Sheffield Wednesday and England,when footballers were footballers.My all time fave then and now.I played in goal school games lessons and pub football teams.

Bonnie Langford. One of the few people who makes me pause to reflect upon my entrenched views. A real anecdote to the insidious conditioning of my upbringing. Or I could be getting mixed up again.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I haven't had a role model, but I have had a model. One was in a catalogue, the other was an FHM Honey.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You can only have one hero when you are a Wollongong boy

I'd never heard of her (him?) but was intrigued enough to Wiki, where I find her described as: "a unique comic creation — an obese, moustachioed, gravel-voiced transvestite". The word 'unique' is much abused, but I think, for once, fully justified. Much of the remaining account left me wiping tears from my eyes, such as some of the sketches, eg:
  • Dried Elephant Arrangements for Beginners, in which Aunty Jack visits Taronga Zoo to teach viewers the fine art of "elephanto reducioso" with the reluctant assistance of Colin the elephant
and

So, thanks for that. A worthy hero indeed.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd never heard of her (him?) but was intrigued enough to Wiki, where I find her described as: "a unique comic creation — an obese, moustachioed, gravel-voiced transvestite". The word 'unique' is much abused, but I think, for once, fully justified. Much of the remaining account left me wiping tears from my eyes, such as some of the sketches, eg:
  • Dried Elephant Arrangements for Beginners, in which Aunty Jack visits Taronga Zoo to teach viewers the fine art of "elephanto reducioso" with the reluctant assistance of Colin the elephant
and

So, thanks for that. A worthy hero indeed.
Nice Wiki link, even mentions a hero of mine,

View: https://youtu.be/rqI-CjU1Tvo

Top Bottom